Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 03:31 PM

Default Re: Hand versus Huck Seed Day 3 WSOP

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I thought his calling range was TT+, AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's folding an awful lot if this is his calling range.....which probably still makes pushing 99 right.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:33 PM

Yeah, if one of the math guys can figure out what percentage of hands he needs to be raising with in order for a push to be correct if his calling range is TT+, AK, that would be interesting. I mean, I'm sure you're right, but it'd still be interesting.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:30 PM

I got something like 88+, AQ+, ATs+, KQs

(182)(x) + (1-x)(91k) = 132x
x = 41/91

got 91k from him doubling up to 292,000 31.2% (equity of 99 vs TT+, AK) of the time.

(3.5)/(6.4)= .55 or about 1 -(41/91)

So he's got to raise more than 6.4% of his hands to make a push good.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:01 PM

meh, i feel pretty gross about gettin it all in here w/ 99 too. borderline- but in a gross way. if huck will indeed call off 77/aj here (which i feel is a shaky assumption) then its fine to push, obviously. but i tend to agree with bruinz's suggestion that its more like 1010+ and AQ/AK.

but meh, who knows. i just find it hard to believe huck will stack off approx half ( or more than half) of his giant stack with just 77 here.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:30 AM

The point of this push is that we dont mind him folding and taking it down there. There is enough in the pot already, not to mention this can be good for meta game and pots later on.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:30 AM
 is offline

His calling range crushes us, I think that's obvious and we can all agree on that. But this is more a question of his 3-bet range, which I think based on how he plays (if the description is accurate) is pretty damn wide. In general, you don't love getting 60BBs aipf with 99, but you can't just make hard-fast rules like this. Obviously it's the right play if he 3-bets enough, so obviously there is some threshold where getting in 60BBs PF is optimal. I'd feel even worse just calling this bet and playing a bloated pot OOP. I'd feel even WORSE about raise/folding with 99 here.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:52 AM

based on the way you played it...shove

*** if Huck calls with 2 overs, assuming he doesn't have you crushed with an overpair, you're playing an AI pot and risking 145K chips on Day 3 with 99..I don't like it ***
Old 07-18-2007, 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I thought his calling range was TT+, AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's folding an awful lot if this is his calling range.....which probably still makes pushing 99 right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played with Huck quite a bit and I would say his calling range here is pretty tight. He's of the Phil Hellmuth school of thought when it comes to calling all ins preflop. Wait until you're a 4-1 favorite before you call. I would say his range is certainly TT+ and AK. However, I also think his 3-betting range is pretty tight because he loves to play flops, especially in position, especially against another deep stack.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:04 PM

So yes, I got what I wanted when he re-raised me and I figured his range was rather wide. I was willing to flip for chips at this point since the bubble would be coming later in the day and anyone with chips has a huge advantage at the bubble.

He ended up calling my shove immediately and showed QQ. I shrugged and said I thought he might be raising with any two there and he replied that indeed that is the case, but not this time.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

*** if Huck calls with 2 overs, assuming he doesn't have you crushed with an overpair, you're playing an AI pot and risking 145K chips on Day 3 with 99..I don't like it ***

[/ QUOTE ]

If Huck turned AKs faceup we should jam our tank in and feel great about it. We shouldn't fold this because we "only have 99" and it is "zomg day 3 of the ME!!".

Our thought processes need to be correct.