Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 04:32 AM

Default Re: Iraqi prime minister says U.S. troops can go \'anytime they want\'

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gratitude? are you insane? The Iraqis owe us NOTHING because they never consented to anything we have done to or for them. Furthermore, if you look at how things have been going the last four years, Iraqis have more to be angry about than happy about. Saddam was a homocidal maniac, but things were still better when he was in power.

[/ QUOTE ]

I LOL'ed at this I hope your kidding ???

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes american led intervention in Iraq has been so piss poor that the many Iraqis would have preferred the status quo of Saddam Hussien to remain.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't realize that SH, his sons and his inner circle qualify as "the many Iraqis".
Old 07-16-2007, 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gratitude? are you insane? The Iraqis owe us NOTHING because they never consented to anything we have done to or for them. Furthermore, if you look at how things have been going the last four years, Iraqis have more to be angry about than happy about. Saddam was a homocidal maniac, but things were still better when he was in power.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes american led intervention in Iraq has been so piss poor that the many Iraqis would have preferred the status quo of Saddam Hussien to remain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh I wish my photobucket was up so you could see some of the palaces.

I'm sure all the Sunni Minority was treated OK. So much for the majority of the popualtaion.

It's sad that you think we've killed so many more than saddam and it's pathetic that you don't realize that he problably did not count the people he killed like we do. They just vanished.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't realize that SH, his sons and his inner circle qualify as "the many Iraqis".

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not them, but the relatives and friends of the more than half a millions Iraqis which have died in excess of those that would have died under SH's regimes, since the US and allies invasion under false pretenses.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:53 AM

"
This statement is retarded. How many Iraqis died as a result of Saddam's noncompliance with the UN in 1990 and the resulting sanctions? How many Iraqis were directly killed by Saddam's regime? As screwed up as it is today, life is better for the average Iraqi. "

Saddam cannot be held accountable for things you do. When the U.S. levies sanctions on Iraq, sanctions which kill 500,000 Iraqi children and only serve to strengthen Saddam Hussien, it is not rational to blame Saddam.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"
This statement is retarded. How many Iraqis died as a result of Saddam's noncompliance with the UN in 1990 and the resulting sanctions? How many Iraqis were directly killed by Saddam's regime? As screwed up as it is today, life is better for the average Iraqi. "

Saddam cannot be held accountable for things you do. When the U.S. levies sanctions on Iraq, sanctions which kill 500,000 Iraqi children and only serve to strengthen Saddam Hussien, it is not rational to blame Saddam.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is to blaim the victim. Who else could you blaim if you wanna be a sociopathic murderer?
Old 07-16-2007, 08:10 AM

John,

Just google coup in venezuela and read about the US support for it.

edit: or if you are too lazy, perform a thought experiment. What's more likely? Scenario A: A country which has engaged in hundreds of imperial adventures under the false pretext of spreading freedom does so YET AGAIN or Scenario B: A country which has engaged in hundreds of imperial adventures under the false pretext of spreading freedom decides to actually spread freedom.

Remember the most dangerous words in the english language are: "it's different this time."
The future generations will laugh at us, and then repeat our mistakes.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Saddam was responsible for Iraq's noncompliance with the UN resolution and was responsible for the consequences. To say otherwise is plain stupid. It's akin to saying you can't hold George Bush accountable for the US war dead because some Iranian bomb maker is the one blowing people up.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Saddam was responsible for Iraq's noncompliance with the UN resolution and was responsible for the consequences. To say otherwise is plain stupid. It's akin to saying you can't hold George Bush accountable for the US war dead because some Iranian bomb maker is the one blowing people up.

[/ QUOTE ]

The US has broken a lot of international laws. Would it be permissable for some force to starve a million americans to death? In the 80s, the US was convicted of terrorist crimes against nicaragua. Would it be permissable for nicaragua to poison all the US drinking water? Would nicaragua be responsible for doing that, or would it all be the fault of reagan? What about the jewish assassin who killed that one german politician? Was he responsible for Kristallnacht?
Old 07-16-2007, 11:00 AM

Snowball,

Nice straw man. Was Saddam responsible for Iraq's noncompliance with the United Nations resolution? Yes or no.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Snowball,

Nice straw man. Was Saddam responsible for Iraq's noncompliance with the United Nations resolution? Yes or no.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Now my turn. Was that jewish terrorist responsible for killing that german politician? Yes or no.

BTW, I don't think you know what a straw man is.