Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Iraqi prime minister says U.S. troops can go 'anytime they want' (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=451892)

adios 07-15-2007 07:48 PM

Iraqi prime minister says U.S. troops can go \'anytime they want\'

Iraqi prime minister says U.S. troops can go 'anytime they want'

Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki shrugged off U.S. doubts of his government's military and political progress Saturday, saying Iraqi forces are capable and American troops can leave "anytime they want."

One of his top aides, meanwhile, accused the United States of embarrassing the Iraqi government by violating human rights and treating his country like an "experiment in a U.S. lab."

Some gratitude huh? Don't even know if the Republicans will wait until September to start going along with pulling the plug.

I did see that Maliki tried to backtrack but this should be a disaster for him, Maliki.

Aide: Iraqi PM's comments misconstrued

Don't know if this was posted anywhere else so I understand if it gets locked.

Nielsio 07-15-2007 07:59 PM

Re: Iraqi prime minister says U.S. troops can go \'anytime they want\'

I hope to god that won't ever have such a Vietnam again.

I suggest the troops go home by their own decision. Apathy towards military ranking ftw.

Phil153 07-15-2007 08:01 PM

I don't know how much is genuine. Any government rigth now has to be seen as US puppet, and he's got to play to the crowd I guess.

SNOWBALL 07-15-2007 09:13 PM

gratitude? are you insane? The Iraqis owe us NOTHING because they never consented to anything we have done to or for them. Furthermore, if you look at how things have been going the last four years, Iraqis have more to be angry about than happy about. Saddam was a homocidal maniac, but things were still better when he was in power.

govman6767 07-15-2007 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
gratitude? are you insane? The Iraqis owe us NOTHING because they never consented to anything we have done to or for them. Furthermore, if you look at how things have been going the last four years, Iraqis have more to be angry about than happy about. Saddam was a homocidal maniac, but things were still better when he was in power.

[/ QUOTE ]

I LOL'ed at this I hope your kidding ???

govman6767 07-15-2007 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know how much is genuine. Any government rigth now has to be seen as US puppet, and he's got to play to the crowd I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

He does say that they need more weapons and training for their police. The fact that 4 of their 10 police groups have been destroyed so far in not good. We can't keep the trained ones alive long enough to get a solid Iraqi police keeping force going.

mjkidd 07-15-2007 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ].

I LOL'ed at this I hope you're kidding!.

Copernicus 07-15-2007 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not kidding, he's Snowman.

SNOWBALL 07-15-2007 09:32 PM

no govman not kidding. 600k iraqis dead + roads unsafe, electricity outages, etc., etc.
And now the US government is trying to force Iraq to give oil concessions to US companies. The future is dark if Uncle Sam has anything to say about it.

mjkidd 07-15-2007 09:35 PM

Anyway, these discussions about which would suck more, living under Saddam's rule or living in present-day war-torn Iraq is pretty irrelevant. Most Americans want the troops to come home, and most Iraqis want the troops to leave. So of course, they stay.