Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2006, 08:34 PM

Default Re: A Gift of $1500 thanks to a true donkey

This hand is an obvious ploy by Rojo to cover up collusion. Just because you post it and talk about what a donk your friend is doesn't mean we don't know the truth [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-23-2006, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This hand is an obvious ploy by Rojo to cover up collusion. Just because you post it and talk about what a donk your friend is doesn't mean we don't know the truth [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

For all we know, XXsooted never even had AJo.

Flight_Risk
Old 02-23-2006, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude. Flight risk your a cool guy, but this play is horrendous. It was posted for humor value, please please don't defend this guy. Anyone who does will only look bad, only to state it as more evidence to split the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I'm not defending the play. It is what it is. My thing is, only be concerned about YOUR play. As long as you know you made the best play under the circumstances, cool, you have no control over what others do. With two callers preflop, Rojo can only watch how the cards fall and hope he ends up at the showdown on top. It's up to perk and XX to decide the side pot. Even for humor's sake, I don't see how perk's play makes him a donkey. I never even said the river play was justifiable or a good play. You all are seeing something that isn't there.

Flight_Risk
Old 02-23-2006, 08:47 PM

FR,

This post went about 843 feet over your head.

kyro
Old 02-23-2006, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how perk's play makes him a donkey.
Flight_Risk

[/ QUOTE ]

If XX had checked instead of bet he would have been in the money. This kind of mistake is not expected in the 530$ level. That's why he is a donkey.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
At lower stakes, you see it infrequently enough that it stands out. At a $530 that just makes no sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

The sad thing is, around half the time I see it, the bluff-better at the end wins the pot...which begs the question: if people are dumb and all-inning with crap or middle cards ("live ones") is, the bluff on the end really wrong if it wins x% of the time? (Don't ask me what percentage that X is, I dunno.)(

[/ QUOTE ]

Thing is, I would like to hear someone answer what percentage of the time this bluff ends up being a a money maker, when it ends up being a money loser, and when it becomes break-even.

Flight_Risk
Old 02-23-2006, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how perk's play makes him a donkey.
Flight_Risk

[/ QUOTE ]

If XX had checked instead of bet he would have been in the money. This kind of mistake is not expected in the 530$ level. That's why he is a donkey.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you only know that now because Rojo SAID he ended up in 2nd place and the guy ended up in 4th. The places they finished are irrelevant. It's like saying the reason the guy went out in 4th is BECAUSE he made that one bad play. That sounds like results-oriented thinking and I would not expect that from someone who wins in the 530s. perk could've went out in 4th pushing all-in with A A and getting called by J 4 only to see the other player catch four of a kind Jacks. Are you then gonna call the J 4 guy a donkey for calling with crap?

Flight_Risk
Old 02-23-2006, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
At lower stakes, you see it infrequently enough that it stands out. At a $530 that just makes no sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

The sad thing is, around half the time I see it, the bluff-better at the end wins the pot...which begs the question: if people are dumb and all-inning with crap or middle cards ("live ones") is, the bluff on the end really wrong if it wins x% of the time? (Don't ask me what percentage that X is, I dunno.)(

[/ QUOTE ]

Thing is, I would like to hear someone answer what percentage of the time this bluff ends up being a a money maker, when it ends up being a money loser, and when it becomes break-even.

Flight_Risk

[/ QUOTE ]

Very very unlikely. Besides the good chance of getting beaten by the other guy, what chance do you think Rojo doesn't beat him?
Old 02-23-2006, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Flight_Risk

[/ QUOTE ]

Very very unlikely. Besides the good chance of getting beaten by the other guy, what chance do you think Rojo doesn't beat him?

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you be so sure that Rojo's chances of winning the hand are so pronounced? Meaning, take the result of Rojo winning the hand out of the picture without knowing perk's holding and then tell me what his chances of winning looks like once he sees a 1000 bet on the river in that spot.

Flight_Risk
Old 02-23-2006, 09:08 PM

Flight Risk how do you not see this?

I have to beat 2 hands. Perk betting the river is representing a good hand forcing XX Sooted out. Of course I have no control over what happens once I'm all-in. That is not the point of this post. The point is what does Perk GAIN by betting the river? NOTHING.

-Jared