Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 05:14 PM

Default Re: Live SNG, I folded Kings PF!

[ QUOTE ]

En route to victory ( [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] ) I later folded QQ and AK PF in this tourney as well, and both times I showed those also.

The QQ was to a limp-re-raise UTG from like the nittiest old dude in Vegas, the AK was to a huge overbet shove of my UTG raise that could have been a call but I didn't feel like flipping when I owned those [censored] post flop

This guy later told me he had aces but he didn't do anything when I showed, just quietly put his cards in the muck

[/ QUOTE ]

It's too bad you got bluffed off of AK & QQ by suited connectors because you showed the KK laydown earlier and they realized they could get you off a hand. Nice show sir. Nice show.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

En route to victory ( [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] ) I later folded QQ and AK PF in this tourney as well, and both times I showed those also.

The QQ was to a limp-re-raise UTG from like the nittiest old dude in Vegas, the AK was to a huge overbet shove of my UTG raise that could have been a call but I didn't feel like flipping when I owned those [censored] post flop

This guy later told me he had aces but he didn't do anything when I showed, just quietly put his cards in the muck

[/ QUOTE ]

It's too bad you got bluffed off of AK & QQ by suited connectors because you showed the KK laydown earlier and they realized they could get you off a hand. Nice show sir. Nice show.

[/ QUOTE ]

He can see into their soul........
Old 07-10-2007, 05:30 PM

It is very likely that you incorrectly folded one or more of those hands, much more likely than all of them being correct. Especially after showing.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:38 PM

I just wanted to say that in this thread and Gramps thread people are really underestimating the nittyness of some live players. I never play live, but talking to people at the ME there are people who an reraise means KK+. So some of this overly nitty play, which is horrible online is often fine live.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:48 PM

its possible it was good but wtf dont show, why the hell does everyone do that, its so bad for so many reasons.

I probably wouldn't fold, but ok I wasn't there.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:42 PM

even if it was a good fold, showing the hand, makin the "superstar laydown" is just going to make people bluff u all the time ...they think... he folded kings pf i can get him off this
Old 07-10-2007, 08:39 PM

I don't have enough live experience to speak with much authority but do you not think that there is a moderate chance that:

a) he's acting strong by acting weak, which means he's weak (or at least not as strong as KK)
b) he puts on this little act with TT+ & AQ+, or even slightly narrower ranges

?

If so, and I think this is so FAR more often than not, then I have to call.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just wanted to say that in this thread and Gramps thread people are really underestimating the nittyness of some live players. I never play live, but talking to people at the ME there are people who an reraise means KK+. So some of this overly nitty play, which is horrible online is often fine live.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't disagree with this but I've heard just as many stories and been in just as many situations where I thought the player could have nothing but the nuts and I was shown a ridiculous bluff or hand that a bad player thought qualified as the nuts. I still think it requires reads to make a lot of these laydowns, and the fact that he is now stating that after showing his KK laid down AK and QQ as well....meh
Old 07-10-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is about 40 and hispanic.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys all seemed to miss this part.

This makes it a CLEAR SHOVE, as we know "hispanics" do this move with air all the time!
Old 07-10-2007, 10:11 PM

lol.com