Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 09:04 AM

Default Re: How does AC come into existence?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If 60% of the people stopped paying taxes, fines, and fee's, etc to the extent that is possible I think the government may be in a real quandry, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

No

"Hello, Chase bank, yes I'm from the IRS and Mr. X hasn't been paying his taxes, we're faxing over the forms now, Thanks." Endgame.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you don't understand what the qualifying phrase 'to the extent that it is possible' means.

If 60% of employers do not believe in government and 60% of money changers do not belive in government and 60% of merchants do not believe in government....

Why would I work for an employer who tracks my SSN and reports me to the IRS?

Why would I engage in financial transactions with people who are colluding wtih the government?

And here is something else to ponder, if 60% of the people are not registering their cars, etc and not renewing their drivers licenses, etc what kind of impact is that going to have on the 40% that do? (assuming they are still plugged in to the govt being tracked with their SSN's and having deductions taken from their checks still)

6 out of 9 of your neighbors ignore government and your going to be running down to the registry with 9 forms of id and some money to renew your license and paying late fee's to register your car? Unless you segregate yourself socially from the majority what are the day to day social interactions you engage in going to be like? You say your off to the registry and people look at you a little funny. Are you going to be trying to convince them they should rejoin the government run system or just not talk about it or what?

Now 60% are 'freeriding' and telling you to ignore the government. Do you think your taxes are going to go up or down? What is going to happen, the 40% are going to pay that much more in taxes so that they can go kidnap the 60% to put them in jail and the 40% is going to run the country like that, with 60% in prison until they all die...is that what is going to happen?

[/ QUOTE ]

So what you're saying is that once 60% (or any number not ~95+) stop believing the government just goes away??

Where are you getting this. Things rarely end well for people will limited weaponry standing up to people with F-22s and M1A1s.

The fact of the matter is that the "rich elite" everyone is always talking about love power right? They aren't going to give up this power without a fight. The idea that if we all look the other way then government goes away is silly, to say nothing of what that does globally.

Cody
Old 07-05-2007, 09:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I love how the best argument anyone can ever come up with against AC is 'some aspects of government may be present in it'.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is profoundly false.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, there is the twist on that which is "Bad things are still going to happen." LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't be serious BK, I've never read anything this off from you on here. Did you not sleep last night, are you hungover? What's up man?

Cody
Old 07-05-2007, 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If 60% of the people stopped paying taxes, fines, and fee's, etc to the extent that is possible I think the government may be in a real quandry, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

No

"Hello, Chase bank, yes I'm from the IRS and Mr. X hasn't been paying his taxes, we're faxing over the forms now, Thanks." Endgame.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you don't understand what the qualifying phrase 'to the extent that it is possible' means.

If 60% of employers do not believe in government and 60% of money changers do not belive in government and 60% of merchants do not believe in government....

Why would I engage in financial transactions with people who are colluding wtih the government?

And here is something else to ponder, if 60% of the people are not registering their cars, etc and not renewing their drivers licenses, etc what kind of impact is that going to have on the 40% that do? (assuming they are still plugged in to the govt being tracked with their SSN's and having deductions taken from their checks still)

6 out of 9 of your neighbors ignore government and your going to be running down to the registry with 9 forms of id and some money to renew your license and paying late fee's to register your car? Unless you segregate yourself socially from the majority what are the day to day social interactions you engage in going to be like? You say your off to the registry and people look at you a little funny. Are you going to be trying to convince them they should rejoin the government run system or just not talk about it or what?

Now 60% are 'freeriding' and telling you to ignore the government. Do you think your taxes are going to go up or down? What is going to happen, the 40% are going to pay that much more in taxes so that they can go kidnap the 60% to put them in jail and the 40% is going to run the country like that, with 60% in prison until they all die...is that what is going to happen?

[/ QUOTE ]

So what you're saying is that once 60% (or any number not ~95+) stop believing the government just goes away??

Where are you getting this. Things rarely end well for people will limited weaponry standing up to people with F-22s and M1A1s.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

Who is going to pay for this again?

How many in the police and military are going to keep showing up for their jobs for fun if they are not getting paid?

It seems that you have given up on the silly 'the irs will just grab the money anyway' argument, right? As you can probably see this works when a small minority are not paying but not if a significant % are not paying.

Without the costs to fund the government exernalized onto the populace, do you think a tiny minority (the rich elite you mentioned) are going to fund the enormous governement and military and pay an army to go door to dorr to steal property from the populace (since the ssn tax scheme will have disolved)?
Old 07-05-2007, 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I love how the best argument anyone can ever come up with against AC is 'some aspects of government may be present in it'.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, there is the twist on that which is "Bad things are still going to happen." LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, your description is completely different from reality, you can read plenty of pro-government arguments here constantly, not only contra-AC arguments.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't be serious BK, I've never read anything this off from you on here. Did you not sleep last night, are you hungover? What's up man?

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

Your right, the actual arguement is: "Bad things are still going to happen (but a lot less bad things except we don't want to talk about that because we are scared to think of a world without government)"
Old 07-05-2007, 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, your description is completely different from reality, you can read plenty of pro-government arguments here constantly, not only contra-AC arguments.

[/ QUOTE ]

Start a few new threads making your arguments and lets see how they evolve.

...unless you plan to ignore the negative impact, the lost opportunity costs, and presume that there will be no charity wihtout government...
Old 07-05-2007, 09:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

How many in the police and military are going to keep showing up for their jobs for fun if they are not getting paid?

It seems that you have given up on the silly 'the irs will just grab the money anyway' argument, right? As you can probably see this works when a small minority are not paying but not if a significant % are not paying.

Without the costs to fund the government exernalized onto the populace, do you think a tiny minority (the rich elite you mentioned) are going to fund the enormous governement and military and pay an army to go door to dorr to steal property from the populace (since the ssn tax scheme will have disolved)?

[/ QUOTE ]

They can if they want. Keep in mind also that it's 40% you mentioned and not a handful of rich people. Those people will pay because they'll view the others as rebels, or they'll want their land, or whatever, people are bastards.

Cody
Old 07-05-2007, 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

Your right, the actual arguement is: "Bad things are still going to happen (but a lot less bad things except we don't want to talk about that because we are scared to think of a world without government)"

[/ QUOTE ]

This is insulting and arrogant. You assume that people who hold different opinions have thought less through things than you and lack the ability to be critical towards own opinions.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow this is off.

Cody

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They can if they want. Keep in mind also that it's 40% you mentioned and not a handful of rich people. Those people will pay because they'll view the others as rebels, or they'll want their land, or whatever, people are bastards.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

So are you with the bastards or the non bastards?

And keep in mind that the air of legitimacy would be disolved at this point. If this society were to get to the 60-40 point, who do you think would be in the 40? Do you think it would be one political group, part dems/part repubs, who?

And if we got to 60/40 why would you assume that the 40, given that the air of legitimacy of government would be disolved, would be strong pro government willing to shell out even more money to try to government?