Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2007, 09:19 AM

Default Re: bankroll management and winrate

[ QUOTE ]
I think if you give a guy who knows the rules and can fold second nuts easily like $30, he would easily build up a BR from Microstakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

It pains me that I'm still in this process, but on 5/7/07 I started playing .01/.02 PLO w/ $40 in my account and I'm now playing .10/.25 w/ 30BI soon to be at .25/50. It's very doable, but awfully painful sometimes in the beginning when you have a 30bb/100 day and only make $12.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think if you give a guy who knows the rules and can fold second nuts easily like $30, he would easily build up a BR from Microstakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

It pains me that I'm still in this process, but on 5/7/07 I started playing .01/.02 PLO w/ $40 in my account and I'm now playing .10/.25 w/ 30BI soon to be at .25/50. It's very doable, but awfully painful sometimes in the beginning when you have a 30bb/100 day and only make $12.

[/ QUOTE ]

Low stakes poker is a brutal way to earn money. If you are actually able to move all the way up the ladder doing this then god bless you. I think some of the younger posters on here have done that and are still in the game. (cmyr, TheRempel?)

I personally think one is better off learning the hell out of the game at the $25 and $50 buyin levels and then getting an extra job to build a bankroll. Anyone smart enough to become a winning poker player should be smart enough to find partime work for a higher earn rate than low stakes poker. Then once you have a couple of thousand of extra cash saved up start playing at higher levels.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i would feel comfortable playing 25/50c stakes with 5 buy ins no problem - as long as you dont think you can get away with bluffing Ace flushes or playing blockers the money will gravitate to you
Old 07-06-2007, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Low stakes poker is a brutal way to earn money. If you are actually able to move all the way up the ladder doing this then god bless you. I think some of the younger posters on here have done that and are still in the game. (cmyr, TheRempel?)

I personally think one is better off learning the hell out of the game at the $25 and $50 buyin levels and then getting an extra job to build a bankroll. Anyone smart enough to become a winning poker player should be smart enough to find partime work for a higher earn rate than low stakes poker. Then once you have a couple of thousand of extra cash saved up start playing at higher levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in a bit of a different boat, I was beating .5/1, 1/2 and some 2/4 consistently in 2006 but cashed out my entire roll to help with buying a house a few months back.

I challenged myself to get back to those levels without depositing another penny (since I dont really know how to deposit anymore anyway after Neteller went down for US residents). So far so good, despite the painfulness of the microstakes.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:05 AM

I started out playing .1-.25, and I've managed to move steadily up to 5-10... My online existence began with $25 that I ran up playing 25-50c limit games and then moved over to like $5 sngs... My current $40k bankroll is exclusively the product of that initial $25 deposit.

When i started playing plo full-time, I had 40 buyins, and moved up whenever I had 40bi for the next level. I'm not much more lenient then that, but when I have a bad session shot-taking I move down for a while. I'm also very big on having 100+ buyins for the lowest level I'm willing (or happy) to grind out, since then I really don't have to worry about anything.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I started with $1 that I got by selling 1 million PokerStars play money chips. If I didn't cash out so often I'd probably have a bankroll much healthier than my current 5K.

But I just can't stand leaving much more than 2K on pokersites (I'm itching to withdraw now) and I have issues with depositing.

After I win the WCOOP 6-max PLO tourney, things'll probably be different though.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I started with $1 that I got by selling 1 million PokerStars play money chips. If I didn't cash out so often I'd probably have a bankroll much healthier than my current 5K.

But I just can't stand leaving much more than 2K on pokersites (I'm itching to withdraw now) and I have issues with depositing.

After I win the WCOOP 6-max PLO tourney, things'll probably be different though.

[/ QUOTE ]

No sir, you may have second place. Did we ever get feedback on whether they'll have satellites for this?
Old 07-06-2007, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No sir, you may have second place. Did we ever get feedback on whether they'll have satellites for this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not yet, but PS has been quite responsive to requests made in MTT on how to improve satellites. Awfully NLHE-centric, of course, but I'm hopeful that we'll at least see far more PLO sats this year.

I'd point out that they didn't initially have a 6-max event on their schedule. It was only added after PSBryan stopped by (although, PLO 6-max was requested by a few people on the MTT forum).
Old 07-06-2007, 11:50 AM

It's a $215 even right? I could easily see a lot of players doing a $11 or $22 sat to get in.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a $215 even right? I could easily see a lot of players doing a $11 or $22 sat to get in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. $3 re-buys would be especially nice (for bringing in fish at least).