Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2007, 11:54 AM

Default Re: foxwoods 1/2 NL monster draw 200BB deep, do i have fold equity her

[ QUOTE ]
But explain plz about SCs over-ratedness.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will try to explain what I have read and have now absorbed, meshed into my game - but I am no PoohBah.

Suited Connectors or in this case suited-gappers are overrated, especially Heads up (HU) or 3 handed (3H).

Essentialy with suited connectors you want to hit two-pair on the flop or a draw but playing HU or 3H you are going to face a 2/3 bet on the flop from the original raiser and most of the time you are going to fold or call the bet (not raise).

If you call you are going to chase and if you miss the turn now you are put in the crossroads of another decision (keep in mind you are still behind).

In short playing SC's HU or 3H is not profitable in the long run. I think SC's should be played in pots with 4 players or more to gain real equity.

-JB
Old 06-12-2007, 12:07 PM

OK, I see your logic, but 1. sc's may seem obv to us, but to many players it's still deceptive when you call, and flop a str8 or flush.

and 2. Why aren't you going to raise if you hit a draw? IMO that is the advantage of playing SCs deep, especially live. You can raise a cb in position and the pfr has no idea where you're at...many of them will end up calling your raise with big pairs rather than repushing, giving you free cards on the turn, or insta-folding overs. This is probably an convo you've had a million times here...maybe I should take it to Full Ring, since I can see what you're saying more clearly in a 6 max table when you're often expecting to be HU. Live, I always expect the blinds to call any std raise.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:09 PM

GA,

The point is that in this hand you are NOT deep. Look at stacks, we are almost allin by the turn.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:39 PM

I love SC's HU (in pos). It's very easy to play them for single-pair value, and to push people around when you flop good draws.

I think SC's are best either HU or very multiway. SC's suck the most in 3-4 handed pots OOP with the raiser in position on your right and callers to your left.