Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2007, 10:36 AM

Default More tales of rude/dangerous players (lc)

I've read many stories about outrageous player behavior (and management doing nothing about it) here and elsewhere, but hadn't personally seen anything this crazy until last night.

Playing at Hollywood Park. An angry Asian guy on my right is generally being a dick, throwing cards at dealer, slamming fist on table, etc. Dealer has warned player about 5 times.

Player takes beat, grabs empty chip rack and slams it on cupholder, shattering it. Shards of plastic go everywhere, including one that hits right under my eye. Player storms off.

After cleaning up table, I ask what dealer plans to do. She calls floor and says there is a "dangerous player" sitting out. I jump in and tell the story (dealer omitted details...like shattering the rack). I say that want him kicked out, or at least moved. Floor leaves.

Player returns about 10 minutes later. Dealer says nothing. I ask for floorman. Floor doesn't come. I get up and find floorman who says he's "busy" but will be over soon. Meanwhile, we're playing. Another guy bluffs angry player and shows his cards to dealer. He's about to show the bluff and dealer says to bluffer "don't show; he's crazy and who knows what he'll do!"

About 15 mins later, floor comes. I again demand that angry player be removed. Floor asks (!) angry guy if he plans to rebuy (he is short at this point). Angry guy says no. Floor stands at the table in an apparent daze. I sit out.

Angry guy goes busto, slams fist into table knocking over stacks, and walks out without so much as a warning.

Crazy world.