Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2007, 04:13 PM

Default Re: NL200: Getting value from Nut Flush in position in multiway pot

Bet the flop. I just don't see either player slow playing a made hand here, like top pair, two pair, set, because if a player is on a flush draw or straght draw they're possibly giving away a free card. But, if they have either draw they will call you. This is how you build the pot to stack them.

Assume you bet half the flop and cutoff calls with 9,T and the turn is 6c. He might think his straight is good and you were trying to protect your King on the flop. Likewise if either player is on a worse flush draw. If they both fold the flop then you probably weren't going to win much anyways and you were just giving them free cards to beat you.

As played, I would most likely raise the turn, probably to like $45 but I might just do a min raise (I very, very rarely do this, but it can work wonders. Some view as weak others as strong). I don't see utg overcalling, but if he's thinking about it a small raise might still allow him to.

Unless CO is aggressive and/ or has a really good flush he'll probably check the river if you just call here anyways, so try to get him to commit more on the turn. This also allows you to value bet more on the river. Example: If you just call turn then pot will be $63 on the river. Betting half the pot would only be $32. And maybe he calls and maybe not? But if you raise to $45 and he calls the pot will be $117. He'll call that same $32 now and maybe he'll call $50 too.

He could also be trying to rep the flush and fold to your turn raise, in which case he'll probably C/F the river after you've just called on the turn too.

Just my .02