Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2007, 09:02 PM

Default Re: Tipping the Dealer

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I guess not. Where do they do this? By my count I've played poker in seven different states in every corner of the country. The only time I remember seeing sub-$1 chips is at low limit stud games with a 50c ante.

[/ QUOTE ]
Excalibur, last time I visited which was several moons ago. They rake in 25c increments on the low limit games and 50c increments in NL, I think. And Harrah's until about a month ago used 50c rakes, but they just nuked that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mandalay Bay also uses 50 cent pieces, which I thought was bad enough until I made it up to Excalibur and had to deal with the quarters. What's worse is I ended up with a bunch of them and at the cage in the poker room, they said they won't change quarters into bills! Then why are they putting them in my pots? (most of them come from the dealer breaking out the rake)
Old 05-30-2007, 09:26 PM

Default Re: Tipping the Dealer

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I guess not. Where do they do this? By my count I've played poker in seven different states in every corner of the country. The only time I remember seeing sub-$1 chips is at low limit stud games with a 50c ante.

[/ QUOTE ]
Excalibur, last time I visited which was several moons ago. They rake in 25c increments on the low limit games and 50c increments in NL, I think. And Harrah's until about a month ago used 50c rakes, but they just nuked that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mandalay Bay also uses 50 cent pieces, which I thought was bad enough until I made it up to Excalibur and had to deal with the quarters. What's worse is I ended up with a bunch of them and at the cage in the poker room, they said they won't change quarters into bills! Then why are they putting them in my pots? (most of them come from the dealer breaking out the rake)

[/ QUOTE ]
Cute. Never heard of that, but I never tried to cash in quarters. You just learn to either keep 'em as car wash money, or put 'em back into pots, or give 'em as tokes.