Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2007, 11:55 PM

Default Re: Tim Lincecum (and other prospects if you want...

[ QUOTE ]
I have him sitting on the bench in my fantasy league, ready for the call-up. I've read various articles saying that he would be better suited for relief work, and this is an option the Giants are considering... any opinions on this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe Sabean said they won't consider him for relief.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Impressive numbers but have you seen the guy pitch? He is gonna blow his shoulder out after his rookie year with his size and over-the-top delivery. As someone who did blow out his shoulder and a Giants fan, I hope this doesn't happen of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

His mechanics grade out as A++ by scouts and statheads

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha a lot of these guys have probably never pitched an inning in their life. Everyone's arm is different obv but unless he has changed his delivery since college, I still think it is a concern with his size.

[/ QUOTE ]

what are you [censored] crazy? why do you think that YOUR CONCERNS mean [censored] compared to what scouts think? They are paid to look at every single pitcher, dig through years and years of footage of mechanics that lead to problems, break down the anatomy of the body to see what wears down the shoulder more than other things. But you, you pitched a few innings and blew out your shoulder, then watched one of Lincecum's games and decided he was a huge injury risk.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

He may get injured, so no "i told you so"s if he does, but if he does it will be because of misuse or simple bad luck.

James
Old 05-01-2007, 12:42 AM

Ok I take back what I said. I googled a video of his mechanics and he looks different than what I was picturing. Wasn't trying to cause an argument.

However, I still am distrustful of scouts because many of them don't know as much as you think they would from my small sample size.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:46 AM

http://www.baseballthinkfactory.org/..._tim_lincecum/
Old 05-01-2007, 12:52 AM

Ya that's what I was looking at. Anybody who is that size that can do what he is doing, I have nothing but respect for. Hopefully, he'll continue once he gets called up.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Impressive numbers but have you seen the guy pitch? He is gonna blow his shoulder out after his rookie year with his size and over-the-top delivery. As someone who did blow out his shoulder and a Giants fan, I hope this doesn't happen of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

His mechanics grade out as A++ by scouts and statheads

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha a lot of these guys have probably never pitched an inning in their life. Everyone's arm is different obv but unless he has changed his delivery since college, I still think it is a concern with his size.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it isn't. Biomechanical analysis proves that Lincecum's delivery grades very well. Most of the power comes from his lower half and his outstanding ability to separate his hips from his torso and to delay his arm.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Anyone got any projections, comparables, limits for this guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

i hope someday somebody creates a web sites that deals with issues just like this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah wouldn't that be crazy if somebody created a computer model that goes through a database of comparables to create player projections and then posted those on the internet?
Old 05-01-2007, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Anyone got any projections, comparables, limits for this guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

i hope someday somebody creates a web sites that deals with issues just like this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah wouldn't that be crazy if somebody created a computer model that goes through a database of comparables to create player projections and then posted those on the internet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would pay money to read that!
Old 05-01-2007, 10:46 AM

He has nothing left to prove at AAA, but Bochy has a point in that his current 5 starters aren't pitching all that poorly. Vinnie Chulk, on the other hand...

In any event, Lincecum is obviously one of SF's 12 best pitchers now, and they have to make a spot for him ASAP.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he's in the minors for some stupid reason

i voted god

[/ QUOTE ]

He can't handle a major league workload and he's too young and fragile.

[/ QUOTE ]
The minor league workload is obviously easier. 90 pitches in a minor league game is less stress on the arm than 90 pitches in a major league game.

I've never understood this argument. If a guy is locked in and pitching well, you might as well use his limited innings with the big league club. The same arguments were made against bringing up Cole Hamels, who was lights out for 200 innings (over 3 years, due to non-pitching injuries in his back and hand) in the minors. These teams are confounding psychological reasons to leave him in the minors (wanting the pitcher to dominate for a little while and gain confidence) with physical reasons, and I dont think they make much sense.