Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2007, 05:18 PM

Default Re: rules and etiquette questions

I think a lot of folks appear to be getting riled up over nothing. I play in a home cash game where if you go to showdown, you show. Period. House rule, winning hand or not. Makes no difference whatsoever, roll with it. The question is whether you have an edge at a table, not whether some perceived version of ettiquette is being followed.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:18 PM

I’ve seen the rule exploited in the past and what has happened more often than not is the table will request to see the players cards that has been requesting to see others cards when he attempts to muck at showdown. When the tables have turned it tends to cool things down and generally it stops there.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I’ve seen the rule exploited in the past and what has happened more often than not is the table will request to see the players cards that has been requesting to see others cards when he attempts to muck at showdown. When the tables have turned it tends to cool things down and generally it stops there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have occasionally stooped low in response (after explaining to the villian that he is basically accusing someone of cheating and having him persist). In those cases, I will ask to see villian's cards every time, and will state my request along the lines of "Dealer, I think that guy is a cheating scumbag, I want to see his cards at showdown". This is especially effective when the request is made as soon as his second card is dealt.

Its funny that the angle shooter tends to get upset by this since they feel that others should not be annoyed by being called a cheater.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Asking to see the hand because you want information that you are not otherwise entitled to is a fairly common angle shoot.

[/ QUOTE ]

The greater majority of the time this isn't why they're asking to see your hand. This also isn't angle shooting. Most don't know how to use that info, but instead are just curious as to your hand compared to theirs. Big whoop.

b