Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2007, 02:12 PM

Default Re: Ask Sixes anything . . .

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
/end hijack sorry. Sixes will you be in vegas this summer at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

I will be winning a bracelet at one of the $1500 NLHE events this summer.

[/ QUOTE ]

will you chop if we're HU at the FT?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't chop at the FT. Especially HU. I am one unexploitable MoFo.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:15 PM

When you use to play sng's how did you remember your pushes? Did you after each set go through it with sngpt? How many tables should I play when moving up? I use to play the 16's and now tried moving to the 27's and have been doing bad. I only played 100 games which I know is too small of a sample size but all I been doing is 4 tabling and it's going to take forever to reach 1000 games. Is it even worth it to move to the 27's? It's alot easier to get 15% roi at the 16's than 10% roi at the 27's at least for me. Let's see 15 times .15 = $2.25 a game and 25 times .10 = $2.5 a game. That's not that much more. With this mind set I'm never gona go anywhere in poker though. I know for sure I'm profitable at the 16's and each time I try to move up and do bad I think of all the easy money I can be making at the 16's. How many tables should I be playing at the 27's with a 2.4k roll?
Old 04-14-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Whats the best site to play low-limit sit and go's?

[/ QUOTE ]

The key to low-limit SNGs is paying the lowest % of rake possible and finding 10 player tables. Anything with 9 players and rake over 10% is horrendously difficult to beat. A player is better off taking a flyer at the $11s with $100 then grinding out the $3.40s. $100 is pretty replaceable . . . and if it's not, you should be doing something else with your money anyway.

3 tabling $11s > 10+ tabling $3.40s

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your advice. So in summary are you recomending 10+ tabling
$3.40 after building a substantial roll 3 tabling regular $11's or saying to avoid the 3.40's due to rake and instead go straight to 11s?
Old 04-14-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do people play the $60s on Stars when it is easily possible to get twice the ROI in the $27s, with much less stress and variance?

[/ QUOTE ]

If less stress and variance is your goal, play $27s. If playing as high as you can is your goal, play as high as you can.

[ QUOTE ]

Who is on your "List of 5 Celebrities"?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Elle Macpherson
2. Jessica Alba
3. Heidi Klum
4. Shakira
5. Jennie Finch
Old 04-14-2007, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know that wisdom comes with age so please drop some knowledge on me being that I'm only 21. What do you think I should be doing with my money?

[/ QUOTE ]
Get involved with something like sharebuilder.com where a certain amount is taken from your checking account every week and invested in the stock market. If it's automatic it will become habitual and will add up over time. I wish 21-year old me had started saving $50 a week.

I heard it's bad to let someone else do your investing for you because you will never know how to make money yourself though. Also your letting go of your control. I got this from reading rich dad poor dad which is probably stupid.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:20 PM

why is the sky blue?
Old 04-14-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Whats the best site to play low-limit sit and go's?

[/ QUOTE ]

The key to low-limit SNGs is paying the lowest % of rake possible and finding 10 player tables. Anything with 9 players and rake over 10% is horrendously difficult to beat. A player is better off taking a flyer at the $11s with $100 then grinding out the $3.40s. $100 is pretty replaceable . . . and if it's not, you should be doing something else with your money anyway.

3 tabling $11s > 10+ tabling $3.40s

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your advice. So in summary are you recomending 10+ tabling
$3.40 after building a substantial roll 3 tabling regular $11's or saying to avoid the 3.40's due to rake and instead go straight to 11s?

[/ QUOTE ]

The rake is a killer at the $3.40s, and the play is so horrendous (I guess). I never recommend 10+ tabling. If you are playing $3.40s its because you are learning. You can't learn anything by ten tabling. Play enough tables that you have to concentrate on them. If I play fewer than 6, I still have room in my attention span to surf the net, AIM, watch TV, etc.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:24 PM

What do you wish you did earlyer in your poker career to get better? What do you know now that would of helped you earlyer? How do you live life to the fullest? I feel like I'm wasting my time taking naps because I could of been doing something more worth wild but napping feels so good! Help! P.S My naps are more like 2-4 hours lol.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:24 PM

How's life? We miss you.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:26 PM

Why aren't you on AIM?