Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2007, 12:24 PM

Default Re: Within the Rules or goofball move???

I guess my overall question is

What is bad because I made it look like I was showing my 3 by mistake or would it of been as bad if I purposely showed my 3. I don't wuite understand.
Because as you all know, in a cash game you CAN show your cards if you like.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:32 PM

"I'm not trying to bragg about how much I make"

Yes you are, simply by laying out your list. Sincerely OP, most of us here are probably profitable players so it's not impressive when we all make some extra cash.

It's probably more that the guy feels taken advantage of.

You posted because you weren't sure about the move, the majority of us disagree. We already know you don't think you did anything wrong.

Sorry you didn't get what you wanted by posting this. Move on.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess my overall question is

What is bad because I made it look like I was showing my 3 by mistake or would it of been as bad if I purposely showed my 3. I don't wuite understand.
Because as you all know, in a cash game you CAN show your cards if you like.

[/ QUOTE ]

If line, what we can do and should do are often far from each other.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Over the past 3 years, I paid my 1st car off, I bought a second car, I bought a house and have paid over half of it off, I have bought brand new golf clubs (the works), lawnmower, snowblower, brand new appliances... and I have 11k saved towards my 3 year olds University fund already.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny thing you make it sound here like you do this for a living and this paid off all your things. But in your OP you say it is a very nice 2nd income. LMAO. I, personally, crushing a similar game, think you are a liar to this and am calling you out. Just because I am crushing it I am not the only one doing that. You make it seem as though you are the only good player there. Right there that tells me you aren't any good. Where is this game I would love to come and play in it.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:58 PM

I'm not trying to make it sound like I do this for a living. I have a full-time job. I don't even see where I'm trying to make it sound like I do this for a living. I pay for a lot of other stuff from my income. All the stuff I listed I have paid fro from poker. I have several other toys that I pay for from my income. I go on holidays now and again too.
There are 2 others crushing the same game. I am not the only good player there, but I am definitely the best player there. We have several stats to prove it. Not the same guys lose every night you know. One guy will make $300 profit one night and he will lose it the very next night. There are 3 of us who literally have a small losing session about 1 out of 15. There is roughly $3k to $4k on the table EVERY night.
We have guys there that will call $100 on the river into a $25 pot on a K,K,Q,Q,2 board when they hold the Q because they can't fold, they have a boat. We know who these guys are and make them pay.
Call me out as much as you want. I keep stats on tournament winnings and I am by far the leader. I have made by far the most final tables of them all (we keep track of that too) We have had 4 tournament of champs (from points of the tourneys) I have won 3 of the 4.
I don't really feel like arguing about my game though. I just find it funny that most of you think it was an angle shoot because I pretended to show my card by mistake but most of you think it would've been o.k. if I would have showed it on purpose.
I know I know.... every on 2+2 is a profitable player.. LOL
This game is in Norhtern Ontario Canada BTW.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:05 PM

Nobody's questioning you're not a good player. Quit trying to defend that which wasn't attacked.

You shouldn't feel the need to do so against a bunch of folks you don't know anyway.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:12 PM

bacats32 questioned it btw... it sure sounded like it anyway.
I agree. I shouldn't feel the need to. I just respect some of the people on this forum and the responses they give.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:14 PM

I guess he did outright say it. I was thinking most of it was saying that he thought you thought you were the only good player there, but then he followed up with the other statement.

"I just respect some of the people on this forum and the responses they give."

Understandable. Good luck to you.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:19 PM

Err, yes, his ability as a player was certainly questioned by some people in this thread. "Right there that tells me you aren't any good." <<?

But anyway, crackerjack, it seems like you came here for an answer, and you've gotten it. Just about everyone but me thinks what you did was wrong, and I'm a lot less experienced than these guys.

With that said, it seems you are refusing to accept their answer. Not sure why you asked in the first place then. If 98% of the people responding say it was wrong, then I think its safe to assume thats how the poker community feels about that move.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:09 PM

I did come on to ask if they thought it was wrong... but I kinda wanted to know WHY it was wrong.
In everyone's view, if I had PURPOSELY showed him my 3, then it would be o.k... that's what confuses me a little I guess.
But I do value a lot of people's opinion on this forum (a few of which responded to my thread) so I will take this information and retain it. Most people think it was not a koshur move, so I more than likely won't do it again... unless of course he's trying to sneek a peek at my cards again through the corner of his eye, in that case, I will make sure he gets a glimpse.