1001$-3k 11 13.92%
3k-5k 7 8.86%
5k-10k 10 12.66%
10k-25k 0 0%
25k+ (Please explain) 1 1.27%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-11-2007, 07:37 PM

Default Re: I am not above cheating

i mean it would be too hard for me to not take answers from a smart person when they are jsut sitting there in front of me.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:58 PM

I looked for the "you gotta do what you gotta do" picture from Futurama, but couldn't find it. In High School the only thing I remember "cheating" on was AP Econ and Math tests since you could plug in formulas/definitions and other stuff into your calculator. I don't even count that as cheating, but I'm sure the teachers would have.

In college I catch myself glancing at other people's Scantrons once in a while, that's pretty much it. I'm honestly a pussy and the punishment for getting caught is probably a little (a lot) worse than in HS where I'm sure nothing would happen to a 4.0 student other than "don't do it again". To be honest in most of the classes I take it would probably require just as much if not more effort to cheat effectively as it would to actually do the work. On written tests that you get a list of possible questions for in advance I guess you could take like X blue books where X is the amount of questions and then write an answer in each blue book and pull that one out when they pass the test out, but in that scenario you have to actually write the paper anyway, in which case you are probably somewhat familiar with it. On stuff where you don't get some sort of prompt ahead of time I have no idea how you'd cheat other than looking at someone's paper and straight copying from someone else's is probably the most retarded thing ever, so if you are able to paraphrase/put a slightly different swing on their ideas you must already know some stuff about what you're writing or be an exceptional bullshitter. For multiple choice scantron if you look at the person's paper next to you after you're finished and the vast majority of their answers line up with yours then you can assume they're right, but that doesn't really help for anything other than give you a slight confidence boost. If you were completely unprepared then copying someone else is really pretty safe IMO and better than being completely [censored] by not knowing, but I've only had like 1 MC test in college that I thought was difficult so I didn't risk getting caught even though I think the risk is pretty small assuming you sit somewhere in the middle of the lecture hall.

For papers I have never cheated because I'm way paranoid about their fancy computer programs. I'm also pretty decent at writing papers anyway. The econ classes I took required us to use scientific calcs, probably because people did what I did in HS. In math I guess you can plug in formulas still, the math classes I took were super easy so I didn't bother.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:36 PM

High School- Cheated cause it was fun to figure out new ways to cheat.

College-Only once did anything resembling cheating. Didn't really need to and even after I did it, I thought, "wy'd i even bother to do that?"

Law School- Wouldn't even consider it.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:51 AM

You need another option. I have never cheated, but have no problem with people who do. I don't think i'm "above" it, i've just never been in a situation where i've been compelled to cheat. I thik on a certain level i wouldn't feel good about it, and i have a hunch that many people who do cheat feel remorse about it on sme level. That all being said, after this semester the only thing preventing me from graduating will be a math requirement. As i'll be out and about this summer, i may well just pay someone $500 or so to take an online class for me.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You need another option. I have never cheated, but have no problem with people who do. I don't think i'm "above" it, i've just never been in a situation where i've been compelled to cheat. I thik on a certain level i wouldn't feel good about it, and i have a hunch that many people who do cheat feel remorse about it on sme level. That all being said, after this semester the only thing preventing me from graduating will be a math requirement. As i'll be out and about this summer, i may well just pay someone $500 or so to take an online class for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll gladly be first in line for that job.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:27 AM

i dont really need to cheat, especially for my major requirements. occasionally in a GE class i might be tempted because i just dont care about it, but for my major i figure if i dont know it, i need to retake the class.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your scum, you should be kicked out of college.

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw I think this is WAY too harsh a punishment for cheating