Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Student Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   I am not above cheating (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=375400)

4ObliVioN4 04-10-2007 06:08 PM

I am not above cheating

Just wondering how other students feel towards cheating. I'm talking anything from glancing at another student's test to breaking into a professor's office to steal an exam. Feel free to discuss and/or tell stories (about your friend, of course), in addition to the poll.

4ObliVioN4 04-10-2007 06:09 PM

Re: I am not above cheating

BTW I would fall into option 3, if anyone is interested.

Go_Blue88 04-10-2007 08:38 PM

the "you gotta do what you gotta do" line is infuriating. WTF. and the fact that a bunch of people voted for that option annoys me even more. WTF WTF WTF

"you gotta do what you gotta do." In other words, "I messed up and now I'm gonna cheat so that everything will work out in my favor."

I feel like that line almost has a positive connotation in people's minds when really that's [censored] terrible justification.

DCopper04 04-10-2007 08:55 PM

Nothing really wrong with cheating as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.

4ObliVioN4 04-10-2007 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the "you gotta do what you gotta do" line is infuriating. WTF. and the fact that a bunch of people voted for that option annoys me even more. WTF WTF WTF

"you gotta do what you gotta do." In other words, "I messed up and now I'm gonna cheat so that everything will work out in my favor."

I feel like that line almost has a positive connotation in people's minds when really that's [censored] terrible justification.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calm down Sally, go back to Church.

lippy 04-10-2007 09:34 PM

I confess. If I feel I have no shot of getting caught and it is largely beneficial for me, I will.

Golden_Rhino 04-10-2007 10:56 PM

Where is the "I would cheat if I could, but I'm scared to get caught" option?

SuperUberBob 04-10-2007 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would cheat if I could, but I'm scared to get caught

[/ QUOTE ]

Xanta 04-10-2007 11:43 PM

I choose my courses and I pay to go to school. If I ever have to cheat I don't really deserve to pass the course and shouldn't. A lot of guys that I know that are in my program cheat and it puzzles me because they're just going to come out [censored] engineers when they could've redirected they're focus if cheating wasn't an option. Just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I'd rather drop a course than cheat IMO, but that's just me talking as a guy who's never been borderline failing a course so I'm probably FOS.

Oderec 04-11-2007 12:26 AM

The only time I cheat is when there are massive amount of memorization involved, and only for the sake of memorization. If it's something that I would cram for and forget in a week anyways, I see nothing wrong with it. Kind of a twisted logic really but thats the way I feel.