Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2007, 03:25 PM

Default Re: No hand shuffling at the \'B\'

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't understand why everyone loves auto shufflers so much. I actually think they tend to slow most games down rather than speed them up. I am nowhere near a lightning fast dealer, however I have timed myself several times and it takes me less than 15 seconds to scoop the previous hand, wash and shuffle, shuffle, strip, shuffle and start dealing the next hand.

Factor in problems with the auto shuffler and I really can't see these things speeding the game up by any significant amount.

[/ QUOTE ]

consistently over 8 hours?
Old 04-05-2007, 03:26 PM

The management I talked to at Bay101 and Garden City (San Jose, Limit HE only) said that they picked up 5-6 hands an hour with the machines.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:27 PM

Default Re: No KNUCKLE shuffling at the \'B\'

What business is it the management of what employees do on their own time?
Old 04-05-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't understand why everyone loves auto shufflers so much. I actually think they tend to slow most games down rather than speed them up. I am nowhere near a lightning fast dealer, however I have timed myself several times and it takes me less than 15 seconds to scoop the previous hand, wash and shuffle, shuffle, strip, shuffle and start dealing the next hand.

Factor in problems with the auto shuffler and I really can't see these things speeding the game up by any significant amount.

[/ QUOTE ]

I strongly disagree. You may very well be a wonderful and fast dealer, but if so, you are honestly in the minority in Las Vegas.

The "average" dealer in Vegas is competent, controls the game well, and is reasonably quick, but is NOT faster then an autoshuffler. There have been a few times when I decided to keep track of the number of hands gotten on an autoshuffler table and a non aotoshuffler table, and after doing this comparison about 4-5 times with various "average" dealers, I found that having an autoshuffler added between 4-7 additional hands per hour.

May not seem like a lot, but I am a short session player (usually only play 2-3 hours a session), and those hands add up, plain and simple.

Yes, they do mess up every now and then, but often, the red button comes on during a hand, and the dealer is quick enough to reload it and correct it before the hand is over, thus not disrupting the flow of the game at all.

I find that fills slow the game down more then anything, not autoshuffler mishaps.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Fear of a mechanic" was not a concern before the invention of the machine. I see no reason to believe the threat of a mechanic has increased since then.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree 100%

-J
Old 04-05-2007, 04:09 PM

One other factor to consider: sometimes its faster to wait for the shuffler than to shuffle by hand. It takes a couple seconds to recognize that the shuffler is not done after a misdeal and maybe 10 seconds to hand shuffle. Oftentimes, the shuffler is ready to go before the dealer is done hand shuffling.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:33 PM

Gosh darn, I did not think of this before.
shuffle master, more hands, less work, more tips.
hummmmm---THE AMERICAN WAY.
Now only if dealers could get these wannabe types to stop looking for the TV camera before folding a hand after 5 minutes of thinking (like they really do think).
Old 04-05-2007, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I find that fills slow the game down more then anything, not autoshuffler mishaps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. Any ideas to speed that process up?
Old 04-05-2007, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. Any ideas to speed that process up?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are some places the speed up/eliminate the need for fills. Some of these methods are illegal in NV. All of these methods would make it easier to steal money from the players.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:07 PM

What is a fill?