Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2007, 11:50 AM

Default Re: those mother-$#%$## min 3-bettors

[ QUOTE ]
call pf, fold flop.

you have to call this pf 3 bet otherwise your image goes down toilet...but no need to shove on top pair vs a min3better preflop who has lead out to you on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

nail. head. hammer.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:46 PM

I really dont get this calling the min raise preflop simply for the sake of ur image seems silly either fold pre or get it in this guy is never not going to c bet when this flop hits so AQs Ak all those hands are in his range as well as some pocket pairs that u beat i would imagine, this being his first hand at the table and him being half stacked im just not going to fold this once ive made this call preflop and im also not going to let the turn bring a scare card
Old 03-26-2007, 01:04 PM

If I call preflop I stack off on this flop of course. Probably just calling though on the flop and getting the rest in on later streets, but with all the draws I think shoving is fine too maybe occasionally a worse hand looks you up.

But really I've started just folding A9o/KJo to preflop min3bets, even though it seems like your pot odds are too good to fold the reverse implied odds are just so [censored] you should let them go.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:06 PM

lol, FeNeF's posts are hilarious. He wants to call preflop. Then he wants to fold without hesitation on this flop. Then he justifies the preflop call by saying (wrt having reverse implied odds) "How do you figure? He has a fair amount behind and if we hit we're probably getting it all."
Old 03-26-2007, 01:39 PM

I also don't think there is much wrong with folding to a min3bet preflop. He may be a hit and running donk, but assuming he is not if he does this again we will have a better idea. You just won't hit enough flops hard enough when he min3bets and you call, where you will be happy to get it in.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:40 PM

i agree with cts' thoughts completely though i feel a flop shove is best cuz flop is draw heavy
Old 03-26-2007, 05:40 PM

Calling commits you both to the hand, so it works for me. Preflops fine imo. I've found that this sort of raise is more likely A7o or the like than AA etc.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Calling commits you both to the hand, so it works for me. Preflops fine imo. I've found that this sort of raise is more likely A7o or the like than AA etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would say it's more likely AA than all of A2-AQ put together.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:30 PM

i disagree completely schwza not on dudes first hand at the table im not going to give him enough respect to fold this as it was played if ur going to not play this flop to the felt doing be raising KT and certainly dont be calling reraises
Old 03-26-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But really I've started just folding A9o/KJo to preflop min3bets, even though it seems like your pot odds are too good to fold the reverse implied odds are just so [censored] you should let them go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. Had to end up making a load of crying calls with bad tp hands and I'm sure they have been unprofitable pf calls in the main. Image be damned.