Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2007, 02:16 PM

Default Re: QQ, 14 left, winner take all

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

No real reads on CL but, no offense to anyone here, whenever I play a tournament I basically give people no credit for any good at poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am grossly offended.

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol. This is like wearing a redsox jersey to a yankees games.

Whenever I post in cash game forums or BBV, I get all this about donkaments or whatever. People act like I am a total idiot who probably don't have my results.

There are more fish in a typical high buyin tournament than a similar stakes cash games. However, it may take some skill to consistently beat tournaments.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, again, sorry for that comment [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I really would like to get better at tournaments and I should probably read up on some of the "cash game player wants to learn donkaments" posts that are probably out there are out there.

Any good ones in particular that you have handy? I've read the harrington books, and honestly in a lot of his hand examples he seems real weak/tight, but that's probably because i'm used to short handed medium/high NL cash games.

Thanks
KoW
Old 02-24-2007, 11:53 PM

Default Re: QQ, 14 left, winner take all

[ QUOTE ]

lol, again, sorry for that comment [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I really would like to get better at tournaments and I should probably read up on some of the "cash game player wants to learn donkaments" posts that are probably out there are out there.

Any good ones in particular that you have handy? I've read the harrington books, and honestly in a lot of his hand examples he seems real weak/tight, but that's probably because i'm used to short handed medium/high NL cash games.

Thanks
KoW

[/ QUOTE ]
Check out the anthology on this site.

Harrington is noted for being a very tight player. Some of the problems in the HOH books have questionable solutions.

As for books, Lindgrens "Making the Final Table" takes a LAG approach, and is not oriented towards analyzing specific hands. Sklansky's "Tournament Poker for Advanced Players" presents important concepts; a lot of it is on limit poker, and it is survival-oriented. Gordon's "Little Green Book" is worth reading.

In general, in my opinion, good tournament players are more aggressive than cash game players.

I appreciate the apology, but you still really need to lay off the "donkaments" talk in this forum. If tournaments were that easy, all you 5/10NL cash games grinders would have switched to them and gotten rich by now.