Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2007, 01:43 PM

Default Re: Facing a pre-flop raise OOP (theorish)

If someones interested there was an interesting discussion about playing 22 from SB against a raise. It's HSNL, so game is a bit different, but opinions vary even from quite respected posters.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:53 PM

Default Re: Facing a pre-flop raise OOP (theorish)

Hand 1)
Against 16/14: I raise. 1010 is ahead and raising allows me to take control of the hand. If he reraising, I'm out of the hand. If he doesn't, we can put him on a narrow range and we take it down on the flop/turn/river.

Against 30/22: I call. If he is too aggresive post, I can stack him with a set or or be pretty comfortable if the flop gives me an overpair. He should raise to 12ish and I can raise and take a nice pot there.

Against 50/22: I call/raise 50/50 and prolly go broke too often here. I loose money to 50/22s most of the time. Just play carfully.

Hand 2:
All calls excpet against 30/22. I try and take it down preflop with a big reraise then be carfull if he calls and I miss.

Hand 3: Call against TAG. Look for an AQx flop or flush/straight draw. If A hits, I prolly go broke. Raise other two villins and play it strong.