Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2007, 07:13 AM

Default Re: Mike O\'Malley: please fix the Speed SNGs

[ QUOTE ]
He did PM me though, but Party support hasn't replied to my second email yet.

[/ QUOTE ]
I got an insta-reply to my first email telling me to "run disk cleanup and restart my PC", but the second email I sent to tech@partypoker.com on Friday afternoon still hasn't been acknowledged yet... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Can I ask is their actually any logical reasoning behind changing the Speed SNG names all to "Speed"? The last time I assumed it was just a bug that had crept in during an update, but perhaps it's intentional? Either way, couldn't we just have them named back the way they were before until it's tested and working?

Very much wanting to be playing SNGs again (as I'm sure others here are too), but dare not risk the disappearing buttons again...

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2007, 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's the weekend and I am not in the office (just finished a really bad round of golf in Spain)

[/ QUOTE ]

So are weekends rake free on Party Mike? Do your job.

It is ridiculous that this problem hasn't been fixed yet. Especially as everyone here knows what the problem is, and your customer service refuses to acknowledge the problem even exists, instead preferring to blame the user.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's the weekend and I am not in the office (just finished a really bad round of golf in Spain)

[/ QUOTE ]

It is ridiculous that this problem hasn't been fixed yet. Especially as everyone here knows what the problem is, and your customer service refuses to acknowledge the problem even exists, instead preferring to blame the user.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha. QFT. Weekends all of Party Poker staff goes and plays golf whilst the site goes to [censored]. I still love Party though!
Old 02-12-2007, 10:10 AM

I sent an email to Party and they replyed to me with the same "re-install" BS. I surely hope that the tech people had a good run at the golf course and are ready and willing to cover up their mistakes on the recent update.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:12 AM

Default Please post your system specs here if you are having problems

Mike O just sent me an email and Party are trying to find out what the problem is, but unlike the last problem with disappearing buttons it seems that the current problems are only effecting us 2+2ers (so it could be something like we are all using multiple monitors, etc). To try to help Party narrow down what the problem is, then could everybody who is getting the disappearing buttons bug make a similar post to mine saying what their system specs are (I've probably forgotten something, but please post anything you think is relevant):

<u>Problem</u>
Minimum number of tables played when problem occurs: 5/6
Client(s) used: Party only (not tried Empire yet)

<u>Hardware</u>
Dual processor/dual core: Yes
Multiple monitors: Yes (1600x1200 &amp; 1024x768)
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6200

<u>Software</u>
Firewall: ZoneAlarm
Anti-virus: AVG Free Edition
Anti-spyware: ProcessGuard &amp; SnoopFree
Other: Ultramon &amp; All-snap
Client mods installed: Yes (altered table image and altered card images).

<u>Tested so far</u>
Tested without running any 3rd Party poker software: Yes
Tested with a full delete &amp; re-install of Party: Not yet
Tested on single monitor setup: Not yet
Tested with graphics acceleration turned off: No yet
Tested with single CPU affinity set: Yes
Tested on another similar system: Not yet

I'm, as others are I'm sure, understandably warey of trying out more ideas at the cost of forfeiting yet more SNGs to the bug, but perhaps if enough people post here then it might become obvious what the common factor is (for example: it could be that we are all using multiple-monitors, etc).

Old 02-12-2007, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha. QFT. Weekends all of Party Poker staff goes and plays golf whilst the site goes to [censored]. I still love Party though!

[/ QUOTE ]
Give him a chance - he is at least trying to help us fix the problem.

Yet more Mike O/Party support bashing doesn't get us any nearer solving the problem... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-12-2007, 10:41 AM

Default Re: Please post your system specs here if you are having problems

[ QUOTE ]
Mike O just sent me an email and Party are trying to find out what the problem is, but unlike the last problem with disappearing buttons it seems that the current problems are only effecting us 2+2ers (so it could be something like we are all using multiple monitors, etc). To try to help Party narrow down what the problem is, then could everybody who is getting the disappearing buttons bug make a similar post to mine saying what their system specs are (I've probably forgotten something, but please post anything you think is relevant):

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only effecting 2+2ers [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
I am from pokerstrategy and i got the same problem...
I have only 1 monitor, but the problem does not appear with 4 tables open..
If i open 5 or more the buttons will dissapear..
I got AVGuard too but no Firewall..

But i have to say this i disabled all other programs (AVGuard etc..) and the problem still exist..
Has nothing to do with firewall or AVGuard!

Some additions:

Tested many other clients (Stars, Full Tilt, Absolute, Ultimate)!
There are no problems on the other clients, so its a partypoker client problem.

I have ATI Graphic Card and only one monitor 1024 * 768

Mfg
Old 02-12-2007, 11:05 AM

The problem affects multitablers. It is reasonable to expect that most of the people playing 6 or more tables simultaneously are 2+2ers.

The problem affects Speed Sitngos. With 5+ tables open. It started happening immediately after the last update. What more do you need to know Mike?
Old 02-12-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What more do you need to know Mike?

[/ QUOTE ]

Given my experience with Indian H1B programmers (H1B is the visa that allows them to come here and work for less than half what Americans normally get paid), I think they are sitting around waiting for someone to tell them exactly how to fix the problem.
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

ENJOY!
Old 02-12-2007, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mike O just sent me an email and Party are trying to find out what the problem is, but unlike the last problem with disappearing buttons it seems that the current problems are only effecting us 2+2ers (so it could be something like we are all using multiple monitors, etc).

[/ QUOTE ]

Come off it. The last Party update modified the speed SNGs, most obviously by changing the name of all of them to simply "Speed". This must have been a non-critical change, so why don't you just revert that change until you figure out what's going on?

It's blatantly obvious why the problem only affects 2+2ers. The distinguishing feature of 2+2ers isn't that they have balla systems, it's that they play huge numbers of tables simultaneously.

As I said though, if you put a broken version into production, standard practice is not to leave it out there until you figure out what's wrong. It's to revert to a stable version and then figure it out.