Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2007, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Playing at Squeeky Tight Tables

Stop thinking of yourself as a 0.5/1 player.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
* Villain is a TAG (measured by preflop stats, 16/8 - 20/10) = Villain is good at poker

The same goes for TAP players and especially TPP players. Just because they're tight, loose, slightly loose or whatever doesn't mean they're better than you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this quote says it all. Nowadays it's easy to find pre-flop hand chart or read couple of books. Every day I see TAGs that just can't give up their hand when they finally had something playable but missed the flop. Most of the money is made/lost post-flop IMO. So I think the key to success in tight tables is good post-flop play. You have to able bluff but also to release your hand when it doesn't look good. My PT shows that lately I have often played at tables with flop-%<30 and even close to 20. Actually most of the sessions have flop-%<30 and this is at 0.50/1.0. Still I have made profit.

Also sometimes just one or two bad loose players can be enough for table to be profitable.

I try to pick looser games but I don't hate a table with flop-% 25-30.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:53 PM

Ufff. Just got done 10h bonus whoring at Party. You guys bitch about 25vpip tables? Try 15!! Due to the table dynamics, I had a vpip of 13, pfr of 11 on one table at one time.

I can only guess that this kind of style tends to build up pressure in certain players, otherwise there'd be no way how I still managed to pull ahead by ~3BB/h, mostly due to some erratic outbursts of violence, capping every street with Ace high when it was plainly clear that I was holding the nuts. I don't think any pair of mine, AA-QQ, ever saw a flop...
Old 03-11-2007, 02:26 AM

recomended reading on blind steal/defense? I often go way to far with the donking on both ends of the spectrum
Old 03-11-2007, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
recomended reading on blind steal/defense? I often go way to far with the donking on both ends of the spectrum

[/ QUOTE ]Are you asking us to read it and then tell you if it's any good? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I think it's recommended reading in general because it made the digest. But it might help you with blind stealing too. I can't remember exactly.

Maybe this pokerwiki thread will help you more:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...part=1&vc=1
Old 03-11-2007, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Are you asking us to read it and then tell you if it's any good? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I think it's recommended reading in general because it made the digest. But it might help you with blind stealing too. I can't remember exactly.

Maybe this pokerwiki thread will help you more:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...part=1&vc=1

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps I should of said. Can any of you suggest some literature that would improve my blind steal/defense attempts. I spew chips everywhere alot in these situations