Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2007, 09:52 PM

Default Re: I feel like a fish calling this river..

*grunz*
I raise this flop always.
Played as you did, I raise this turn - as you did. Call the 3-bet.
On the river, yes, youre probably beat. Youre even probably beat often enough to fold here. But I would still call because Im weak.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But I would still call because Im weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen Brother. It was like 10 minutes into being at the table, I know I should have folded, and saying I called for information still doesn't do justice.. I was weak and called [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2007, 10:10 PM

First, I was a little confused, but when I read
[ QUOTE ]

I assumed we had this heads up on the flop. Since we don't, absolutely raise it there.

If it were heads up, I'd say the same as before.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree completely [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2007, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes I miss something important about the hand. Bigfolder made me look back at the full history.

I assumed we had this heads up on the flop. Since we don't, absolutely raise it there.

If it were heads up, I'd say the same as before.

Bigfolder, in the case of HU, which I now realize we weren't, we make more from most villains by waiting for the turn since they act before us here. It's villain dependent, but a lot of them will double barrel right into us.

My win rate went much higher after I learned to wait a street in a lot of HU situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough. i haven't thought about this much since 3/6 live never leads itself to HU on the flop. However, i think this all depends on reads. If he's loose and will call down if you raise the turn then this move makes sense. The key also is that he's aggressive enough to fire again on the turn. If he doesn't bet and folds to your bet you lost a SB. If he does bet, you raise and he folds you gained 1SB, but if you simply raised on the flop he might be compelled to call your turn bet. Thus you start gaining bets on the turn and river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with most of this. Except I don't think raising the flop makes him any more likely to call the turn. I fact, your because you've now shown aggression twice (flop raise and turn bet), I think a call is less likely. Forcing them into the biggest mistakes is where we gain the biggest Sklansky bucks.