Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2007, 09:00 PM

Default RESULTS

UTG folded and MP showed 66, I mucked without showing.

I think a reraise would have won the pot, using the same rationale that I have been trying to articulate and either haven't done so well or is still faulty.

This is obv a lie because i already posted it in bbv, i wanted a strategy angle too.

I won the pot obv, utg+1 mucked without showing.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:13 PM

Default Re: 5-5 NL FR cold-call river raise with bpnk

[ QUOTE ]
Gamblor, if this is a brag, it goes in BBV. you claim everyone who says "fold" or similar things is not looking at the hand your way. Well if you have the hand figured out, why bother posting it? Your thought process seems fine, too - its pretty logical, basically you interpret the river raise as alot or nothing and since you beat nothing, your hand is stronger then it seems. furthermore, his play is more consistant with nothing then a strong hand, so it's a routine call. with that thinking obviously call. however, in practice i think it's a bad call bc when you have brianless players and a big pot, people call lightly.

[/ QUOTE ]

it is a brag, it went in bbv too, but i wanted the strat angle too.

its easily the lightest call i have ever made of a river raise. In arguing with everyone, im trying to convince myself it was correct, much more so than everyone else.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:32 PM

I agree with Bobbo. If you can't see why this is a standard fold, apparently you have the hand figured out and really don't need to post asking advice about it. If you feel you can outplay the others at the table, it's clear there are better spots to put the money in then trying to be a hero with bottom pair and then faux-brag posting about it.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with Bobbo. If you can't see why this is a standard fold, apparently you have the hand figured out and really don't need to post asking advice about it. If you feel you can outplay the others at the table, it's clear there are better spots to put the money in then trying to be a hero with bottom pair and then faux-brag posting about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

did you miss something in the last post?

it is obv a brag and i did post it in bbv. after a moments thought, i wondered if i did have the hand figured out and whether there was any strategy flaw in my river play and therefore crossposted it here, and then in HSNL on the recommendation of a 2p2er who will now remain nameless - i deduced that UTG+1 was highly likely to be rebluffing and therefore wondered whether a reraise would have been preferable to a call.

what wasn't clear?

finally, whats with this "better spots to get your money in"?

In a cash game and assuming proper bankrolls, don't we make the most +EV play, even if its extremely close (metagame notwithstanding)? Also known as pushing small edges?
Old 01-19-2007, 10:15 PM

This is like people bluff catching the river with Ax to be shown Ace-Face.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is like people bluff catching the river with Ax to be shown Ace-Face.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you arguing for the other option i presented, a reraise?
Old 01-22-2007, 08:24 PM

I thought this might be worthwhile to add from possible UTG+1 ranges, given that he knows UTG sucks; also that UTG+1 will be bluffing the river a good percentage of the time:

6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]: 60.032%
{ 66, Ac5c, Ad5d, Ah5h, J9s-J8s, 98s, 86s+, 76s, 6c5c, 6d5d, 6h5h, 98o }: 39.968%