Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2007, 01:39 AM

Default Re: Nut flush draw faces aggression

[ QUOTE ]
hero has a huge equity edge at his initial decision on the flop.

you can't justify your argument of not having an edge at the initial decision because the flop was capped.

edge is greater than 50% on the flop for sure. on the turn, it becomes less clear, but his edge is still greater than the odds that the pot is offering.

i was advocating a 3-bet nowhere in this hand. i said that there are compelling arguments for one on the flop and that such a 3-bet probably isn't a losing proposition. i happen to think that calling and raising when you hit is a "bigger winning proposition", meaning the net gain from 3-betting is less than the net gain from waiting. that's just a gut instinct and i could be wrong there. i'd have to do some math, but frankly, i have better things to do then walk you through this entire thing step-by-step.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. And thats right. And you should better not have your gut feeling over your... whatever.
Anyway: you asked the initial question to me, remember?
So... well... so... go UTube!
Old 01-05-2007, 01:42 AM

Hrm... should I enter this thread or is shadow and unterfish having a little one-on-one time. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Preflop raising is fine if you're trying to isolate a weak UTG, if that wasn't your goal then just call, especially if your opponents like to play lots of hands. Any reads on UTG?

I don't 3-bet here. I generally consider C/r to be a sign of strength and unless i have a monster hand myself I try not to get into a raising war HU.

Multiway things change because of the equity edge of course.

Turn is an AWFUL card. Maybe the worst in the deck because it kills your straight outs. Although, BB in this hand might have flopped a straight so those outs might be dead anyway, so c/c is good.

River is a good sign that we're splitting here, he'd bet a higher straight for sure, easy check.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hero has a huge equity edge at his initial decision on the flop.

you can't justify your argument of not having an edge at the initial decision because the flop was capped.

edge is greater than 50% on the flop for sure. on the turn, it becomes less clear, but his edge is still greater than the odds that the pot is offering.

i was advocating a 3-bet nowhere in this hand. i said that there are compelling arguments for one on the flop and that such a 3-bet probably isn't a losing proposition. i happen to think that calling and raising when you hit is a "bigger winning proposition", meaning the net gain from 3-betting is less than the net gain from waiting. that's just a gut instinct and i could be wrong there. i'd have to do some math, but frankly, i have better things to do then walk you through this entire thing step-by-step.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. And thats right. And you should better not have your gut feeling over your... whatever.
Anyway: you asked the initial question to me, remember?
So... well... so... go UTube!

[/ QUOTE ]

I like peanut butter and jam ... strawberry jam over raspberry

does anyone else?
Old 01-05-2007, 01:50 AM

Its getting boring I know.
Was that your commitment?
Old 01-05-2007, 02:08 AM

Strawberry jam is the nuts.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:54 AM

*grunch*

I probably wouldn't raise PF. A6s is not a hand I want to play heads up or against 2 players who cold call or RR me, not without very good reads on the other players.

As played PF, the flop c-bet is fine. 3-betting the flop is also ok but I'd just as often call (if I'm not going for a free turn card). You got at least 13 outs here (15 if your generous) but your pot equity isn't >50% so next time you might as well just call the raise. At this point I'm thinking BB has either a set or 2-pair. Hmm...if he's got 4-6 outs to beat your flush or straight you have him covered around 2:1 so maybe the raise is fine anyway.

Turn is fine to call, pot odds justify that. The river check is fine also. Without reads I would be inclined to believe that anything that beats me (J) will c/r and anything I beat folds. Hmm, maybe villain would call w a straight on the board but anyway.

ETA: Flop should be a call. Your pot equity doesn't justify a raise.

ETA2: I didn't see that you had two opponents at the flop, thought it was one. With two your equity is just fine for the raise.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:01 AM

dear unterfish,

are you European, or are you just addicted to opium? perhaps both?

dear preserves fans,

i agree that strawberry jam kicks ass, but the world would be a sad place indeed without raspberry and boysenberry jellies.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:07 AM

Dear Tyler,

Id love to be but Im just European.
So. I dont care.
But I still know the American academia system.
Holla?
Old 01-05-2007, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dear preserves fans,

i agree that strawberry jam kicks ass, but the world would be a sad place indeed without raspberry and boysenberry jellies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blackberry jam, and it's not even close.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Blackberry jam, and it's not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

i certainly wouldn't kick blackberry jam off my toast.