Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2006, 10:43 AM

Default Re: Dealer\'s Choice

[ QUOTE ]
Mariah is where if you have the q of spades in the hole you split the pot. If it comes up on board game restarts. Now for my game we have also thrown in that card after the queen is wild.

[/ QUOTE ]

We used to play this game differently. We played that in order to win the pot at showdown you had to have the best hand AND the highest Spade in the hole. If one player had the best hand, but not the highest Spade in the hole the hand would be dealt again (but only to the players who were in at showdown). This game used to amass huge pots.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mariah is where if you have the q of spades in the hole you split the pot. If it comes up on board game restarts. Now for my game we have also thrown in that card after the queen is wild.

[/ QUOTE ]

We used to play this game differently. We played that in order to win the pot at showdown you had to have the best hand AND the highest Spade in the hole. If one player had the best hand, but not the highest Spade in the hole the hand would be dealt again (but only to the players who were in at showdown). This game used to amass huge pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

We played a similar version in my monthly wildcard game, except EVERYONE could get dealt on the next hand.

It stopped when I would sit out and refuse to play every time it was starting to be dealt, because I HATED betting full houses for no reason other than to build the pot for later hands.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wait...why r u redealing in Black Mariah? i thought Black Mariah was the same game as Chicago (stud game where hi hand splits with hi spade in the hole)? if im wrong, plz give me a quick run down of the game, and where the redeal comes into play. thnx

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess there's a few different ways people play Black Mariah. We've always played that if the Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] hits the board, everybody that's still in the hand has to re-ante and play a new hand. If you folded prior to the Black Mariah appearing then you can not get in the new hand. We also use the Black Mariah as a wild if it's face down. I saw somebody else on here posted that they split the pot if they have it... I guess it all depends. Hell, if you're the dealer you can make up the rules and call it whatever you want.

G O N E F O R E V E R
Old 12-18-2006, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that Omaha variant where you deal everyone their hands then put out one flop card...

[/ QUOTE ]

"Courchevel"
Old 12-22-2006, 10:53 AM

We play 3-card guts with 2s and 3s wild. If two or more people are showing down they can each draw up to three cards.

If only one person is in that person has to face the "dummy" hand. There's been talk of finding a grim reaper doll to represent the "dummy" hand as it's led to IOUs on a couple of occassions.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:45 PM

We've got so many stud variations that we made up a new game, Nutsack. It's standard 7-stud dealing to start, but roll your own on the first card (all three down, everyone picks which one to flip up first). The trick is high card (closest to dealer in a tie) picks which stud variation to play on that hand. We use one to five betting ($1 max on 3rd st, $2 max on 4th, etc). This proceeds for an entire round and almost every hand someone will call off all their chips while two others are in a raising duel. It's funny.

Another popular stack spewer is any 7-stud variation that involves rolling your own all the way throughout the hand. Common event: You've got five kings and opponent has a weak pair on board and says "Five aces" at showdown. WTF?
Old 12-22-2006, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
that Omaha variant where you deal everyone their hands then put out one flop card...

[/ QUOTE ]

"Courchevel"

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the one!
Old 12-22-2006, 11:29 PM

vanunu anyone? something i read about in one of negreaneu's columns. lots of fun but hard to remember if you havent played much.

Here's how it's played: seven-card stud, roll your own all the way, including your seventh-street card (roll your own means each card comes down to you, and you choose which one you want to turn over), high-low with no qualifier for high or low, with a pitch and a buy at the end, and declare.
Old 12-26-2006, 10:32 AM

try also anaconda and variations.interesting game
Old 12-26-2006, 10:35 AM

try anaconda and variations.a very good game for home games