Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2006, 11:32 PM

Default Re: dreams - or, what in hell is wrong with me?

I wish I could remember my dreams, but the majority are far too absurd and disjointed. Sometimes, though, I can remember several small parts of my dreams or just the gist of the dream. The most coherent dreams are usually the most intense, as well. Usually, they involve me in some situation where I'm on the run, and I constantly have to make moves to outsmart people. Often, I'm up against huge odds, like being pitted against the likes of the government or mafia.

---

I suddenly got a flashback of a dream I had a few nights ago. This is pretty rare for me to remember so much detail of such a strange dream. So, this will give you guys a glimpse into just how bizarre these dreams can be. And, just so you know, this is only the part of the dream I can remember. I have a strong feeling there was much more to it that I can't remember (involving a large store and the PVC section... *shrug*)

Anyways, the setting was on the shore some sort of body of water, like a large inlet of an even larger body of water. I was there watching air races. I don't know if anyone has been to an air race, but the planes that were racing were like the ones in the unlimited class. Anyways, there were a few friends I had as roomates years ago in college there, one who was huge into cars and autos. I was explaining to him that the unlimited class is really limited but only by weight and that they can't be turbine powered.

Next, I am walking away from the main section of the crowed with some girl. I don't think she was a real person (a lot of people in my dreams aren't people in real life, just imagined in the dream). As we are walking away, a plane comes very close to crashing. It dips off to the right and has to hit the power to pull up and not go splashing very fast into the water. I thought it was going right into the stands of spectators, but it magically pulled up gently and landed softly in the water. All of a sudden, the plane turned into a pontoon plane and was capable of floating safely in water.

Anyways, as we walk away, I remember noticing large forested islands in the water. A couple of them were on fire, and flames were swallowing huge trees and tremendous puffs of smoke rose into the sky.

As, we got further away, we ended up in some sort of village. The houses seemed to be plotted in a very grid-like pattern. Most were small and had short little fences. The atmosphere grew kind of foggy. I can't remember what happened, but all of a sudden I was trying to get out of the village very quickly, but I was lost. I was crawling through bushes, hoping over fences, and running through houses, trying to find my way out of what had then become a maze (even though it was still set out in a grid). I eventually was able to get out, but I don't remember what happened next. Though, like I said, there ended up being a huge department store and something involving PVC pipes.