Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2006, 02:03 AM

Default Re: Heroes, Ep: 1.7 - Nothing to Hide - Official Thread (no spoilers)

[ QUOTE ]
WTF? That episode sucked.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-07-2006, 02:03 AM

yeah, that ep sucked.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:57 AM

Worst episode so far. We spent the last 10 minutes talking over the show. We forgot it was even on and missed the end.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:07 AM

I was very disappointed with this episode.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:12 AM

I don't think this was a great episode but I still really enjoyed it. Peter's brunch performance ruled and Hiro was awesome as always. YATTA! I think it's cool that Niki's alter ego has taken over, is her name Jessica? I heard that in this episode but missed a few seconds of dialogue before. How do we know her name is Jessica?
Old 11-07-2006, 06:05 AM

By far the worst episode of the season, it was unwatchable at times. I hope this was a fluke and the show isn't going to devolve into this.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
By far the worst episode of the season, it was unwatchable at times. I hope this was a fluke and the show isn't going to devolve into this.

[/ QUOTE ]

how was it unwatchable? It was the same as every other episode... nothing is ever answered, nothing ever happens, just like on lost... yet we continue to watch both shows weekly and enjoy them.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:35 AM

my assessment of last night's episode:

cheerleader story - should have been cut or made more interesting. we already know that she is scared of what would happen to her if people find out about her powers. at some point in the future, it may be important that her brother knows, but that could have been established with less time.

cops's story - i thought this was OK. he's working on character development and advancing the plot by finding a new hero. also thought he reading coma wife's thoughts was good use of his power.

niki's story - like every episode before, she explains to her friend how she sees her reflection, but its not HER reflection. we get it already. still was pretty cool seeing her load a gun. hopefully there will more good fights btw her and dl.

dl and micah - this was ok. dl saved some woman from a car crash, and got saved himself by hiro. wondering what the point of them meeting hiro was since they went their separate ways. we didn't learn too much about dl, but we learned some important things about micah. first, he has a power, which has something to do with electronics. second, he knows about his mom's alter ego.

hiro - discussed above. he is awesome as always. one thing that bothered me is that the produces seem to want us to be really impressed by their "stopped time effect." it was cool to see the first few times, but now we should be focusing on what hiro is doing instead of the fact that there is a tire in midair. plus the effect looked bad this week with the fire.

petrelli bros. - by far the strongest story of this week. peter sticks up for nathan and we meet nathan's wife. peter gets some info on the painting and nathan seemed to get it from linderman with a phone call, although he tells peter that he can't get it, setting up tension for next week. my roommate found it out that peter didn't believes nathan's story about being kidnapped.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:10 AM

I actually think Nathan not believing Peter's story about the kidnapping was the weakest part of the episode. Nathan had no reason not to believe Peter, other than, well, that Peter lies all the time. But when he's finally honest about having a power, Nathan doesn't believe the next part? WTF?

The other thing I was thinking about is that at this point, it's pretty clear that Linderman is not just going to be a faceless name involved in a few episodes. He's apt to be quite the trouble maker, and given that every character with a dark looming spectre associated with them (Sylar, DL at first, radioactive man) has turned out to have powers, I'd say it's about 9:1 in favor of him being super. Speculation on what that might be? We haven't had invisibility yet, and would seem to fit a vacuous mob boss character. We also haven't seen super speed, and that's pretty surprising, although I'd have expected a hero to have it.

Does anyone remember where Hiro and Ano were driving to?
Old 11-07-2006, 11:35 AM

Apparently Heroes is big on easter eggs. I found this list on another site:

-In Episode 1, when Ando and Hiro go to the karaoke bar after work, the two singers are clearly spoofing the "Two Chinese Guys Sing Backstreet Boys" found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2rZxCrb7iU, even to the point of the white headband and the basket-ball style jerseys.

-In Episode 4, Peter's apartment number is 1407 (1407 Graymalkin Lane is the address of Professor X's academy in X-men.)

-The cop's wife asks for coffee ice cream (a key plot point in Greg Grunberg's previous series, Alias)

I'm sure there are more, but I thought those were pretty cool.