Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2007, 10:01 AM

Default Re: PLO Coaches?

bruiser u should pm therempel, his understanding of the game is extremely solid and his analysis wrt hand ranges is always bang on, def. one of the top posters in this forum

edit: even tho he doesnt play above 5/10 (2 my knowledge) im quite positive he would be a winning player @ 25/50 if he was rolled
Old 04-20-2007, 10:04 AM

bruiser clear your pm box
Old 04-20-2007, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
im quite positive he would be a winning player @ 25/50 if he was rolled

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess you've never seen him tilt then. He wouldn't win at high stakes because his nose would bleed. He is a fine winning player at low to middle limit but losing a big pot may send him over the edge at 25/50.
Being able to practice good omaha involves managing your bankroll at each level. It's a very difficult thing to emotionally seperate yourself from a $10,000 pot and needs practice.
Do not automatically assume just because someone can apply good strategy, then can manage the other aspects of poker as well.
I would not personally bankroll him at high stakes, it would be much better to let him build up experience level to level than drop him in the big game and expect to hold up immediately.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:36 AM

You make several solid points ribs and my statement was pretty silly and obvly unsubstantiated. I just meant skillwise that his calibre of play is probably on par w/ your avg. 25 50 plo player (comparable at least to samuraj). I also don't think remps would tilt after losing a $10k pot if he was "very well" rolled as it really is just a 200bb pot.

I don't know him personally or anything, but in the context of things, I'm sure he would habituate quite easily to the increased captial swings.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am looking for a coach

PM me if you have any info

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-21-2007, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You make several solid points ribs and my statement was pretty silly and obvly unsubstantiated. I just meant skillwise that his calibre of play is probably on par w/ your avg. 25 50 plo player (comparable at least to samuraj). I also don't think remps would tilt after losing a $10k pot if he was "very well" rolled as it really is just a 200bb pot.

I don't know him personally or anything, but in the context of things, I'm sure he would habituate quite easily to the increased captial swings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rempel is a fine omaha player but unfortunately did what we all have once, spewed over $10,000 in a day.
Funnily enough my biggest loss was years and years ago when I used to play limit holdem on the old poker.com (now the gaming club). The previous day i was up $37,000 playing 100/200 limit and NL 25/50 (ridiculous day). Next day gave away about $17,000, closed my account and cashed out lol.

Previous to that day I had been grinding 3/6 limit over 2 months and had built my stack up to "take a shot". Ran extremely hot, then cold the next day.
I learned a lot those two days in 2001 about the mindset you need.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:21 PM

So that's why you were taking shots at 25/50 last year with a 6 BI bankroll?
Old 04-21-2007, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So that's why you were taking shots at 25/50 last year with a 6 BI bankroll?

[/ QUOTE ]

I must have started with half a buyin then since I won 5.5 buyins whilst playing...
Old 04-21-2007, 01:47 PM

Here is your first lesson.....Unless you have a huge starting hand that can develop.....FOLD!!!!