Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2006, 03:17 PM

Default Re: I have trips, you muck, oops, I don\'t

[ QUOTE ]

I mistyped, he actually said "three queens with a nine kicker".

[/ QUOTE ]

Changes everything. Board QQK8x. Guy has J9o. How do you confuse a J with a Q? If he was playing a straight draw (needing a Ten), he knew he missed.
Since the other player called a river bet, I would either give him the pot or split it, leaning toward splitting the pot.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:22 PM

If I was the floor, I would probably like to split the pot here...whether that's standard or not it should be this way
Old 10-12-2006, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I was the floor, I would probably like to give the pot to the mucker and kick the J9o guy's ass out the door...whether that's standard or not it should be this way

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-12-2006, 04:08 PM

The floor in this case (Chris) is a little green with only about a year on the floor after dealing for several. He does not take conflict as well as he should.

With the clairified wording, he should have without a doubt pushed the pot the other way and shown the door to douche bag.

Have you seen the douche bag since?
Old 10-12-2006, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[W]hen you are declairing your hand, you need to be honest. Anything else is an angle and should result in your butt being banned from the room.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
If there is a rule on the book, the player should get the boot. ... [The] angle shooter's hand will have to be awarded the pot, racked up, cashed out and pushed out the door...

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
How do you confuse a J with a Q? If he was playing a straight draw (needing a Ten), he knew he missed.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
If I was the floor, I would probably like to give the pot to the mucker and kick the J9o guy's ass out the door.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[H]e should have without a doubt pushed the pot the other way and shown the door to the douche bag.

[/ QUOTE ]

To summarize:

1. No one ever makes a mistake. Anyone relying on the ol' "mistake" canard is a liar and a douche bag.

2. Anyone who breaks any rule, even once, should be banned for life from the establishment.

Check and check.

I bet these angle-shooters are also freedom-haters. Is there a number we can call to have them sent to a secret CIA prison somewhere?
Old 10-12-2006, 05:27 PM

Retyping that doesn't change anything. There is no reason to believe the miscall was intentional.

The opponent that if he has J9 he was drawing for a straight and he knows he doesn't have a Queen makes no sense. Sometimes a person can think he has a Q when he has a J. It has happened before. It is not unheard of. People misread and misremember their hands all the time.

Lesson: Don't muck your hand until you see your opponent's winner or the pot gets shipped to you. Note: You only need to make a mistake like this once to permanently correct the behavior. (I did it once in a completely different incident, and now I always hold my cards until I see my opponent's cards or the pot gets pushed to me.)
Old 10-12-2006, 05:43 PM

Well, player 1 did have queens with a 9.... K-J-9.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, player 1 did have queens with a 9.... K-J-9.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, didn't he actually understate his hand? Queens with a Jack-nine is what he actually had.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:19 PM

lestat and haakee:

This has already been covered by desertcat:

I mistyped, he actually said "three queens with a nine kicker".
Old 10-12-2006, 08:59 PM

The statement "three queens with a nine" costs J9 the pot. Sorry, but no way can he keep it. His opponent certainly didn't call the river with less than jack high. No split. No buyer-beware "that'll teach you to muck without verifying" speech. Just take the pot from J9 and hand it to the other player.