Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2006, 07:51 PM

Default Re: Results

OP,

I think you did a poor job explaining the situation which is why you're getting some of the responses you are.

Also I'd like to know where I am at with my $45k, out of 1,031 remaining players am I in the top 900? I think I'd have to be in the top 800 to consider passing this push up. with blinds at $3k/$6k that's an M of less than 5, I don't know that it's quite that easy to say we fold ITM, I'm not doubting the possibility you were in the tournament you're saying he could have easily, so I'll take your word for it. From the information you gave however, it looks like a push I have to make. I don't want to go 3 more orbits folding and be down to $18k with 1,009 players remaining.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP,

I think you did a poor job explaining the situation which is why you're getting some of the responses you are.

Also I'd like to know where I am at with my $45k, out of 1,031 remaining players am I in the top 900? I think I'd have to be in the top 800 to consider passing this push up. with blinds at $3k/$6k that's an M of less than 5, I don't know that it's quite that easy to say we fold ITM, I'm not doubting the possibility you were in the tournament you're saying he could have easily, so I'll take your word for it. From the information you gave however, it looks like a push I have to make. I don't want to go 3 more orbits folding and be down to $18k with 1,009 players remaining.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, with 31 players left we only have to wait for 3% more of the field to be eliminated. Maybe I should have stated that the average stack is only about 40K (which will now make folding pretty obvious), but regardless you should understand that 3% of the field is not a lot, so he obviously had enough to get through the bubble which is MUCH more important then anything else.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:53 PM

Default Re: Monster monthly Kings on the bubble

Which never will be 8000 or you need 1000 NEW winners every month. My guess it is 5k players tops
Old 09-28-2006, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP,

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I played in this and when there were 1031 players left I was down to about 2,500 chips. Fortunately for me, I was in late position and my table was stalling like crazy, and the bubble burst 2 or 3 hands before the blinds got back around to me.