Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2006, 02:23 PM

Default Re: Grunch this please

you played this as weak as you possibly could have.
hopwfully u will be playing on one of my tables soon
Old 01-26-2006, 02:39 PM

*grunch*

Calling the preflop raise is an easy call with 8-1.

I would try for a check raise on this flop hoping SB bets. After you get the bet from MP2 I call and then lead out on the turn hoping MP2 raises. You were way to passive on both the flop and the turn in my opinion.

You can't let that turn card scare you. If the this turn card scares you should have probably just folded the flop because there aren't many other cards that are less scary (except 2's).

On the river I think you have to make a crying call and most likely watch him take the pot with a FH or better PP.
Old 01-26-2006, 02:46 PM

I misread the hand and was thinking the pfr was in the CO not SB. So lead out on the turn. Although c/r may still be an decent option since I am pretty sure someone will be this flop. Only problem is after the sb calls you really have no idea where. The worst case is what happened (MP2 bet which does let a c/r protect your hand at all).
Old 01-26-2006, 03:00 PM

When the PF raiser checked I'd go ahead and bet to see what's going on...since you didn't, definately raise MP2 once he bet. If you check call you never have a clue what anyone has, so you're just flying blind. He could have a 4, he could also have K7 or A7, 56, 2 hearts, 2 overcards, etc...and a bet or a raise would allow you to get a better idea as to his holdings, without spending 2 BB c/c the turn and river.
Old 01-26-2006, 03:16 PM

:Grunching:

Preflop I'm not sure that playing 88 UTG is standard. If the table is very passive and almost never raises preflop this is probably an okay play.

Flop: I would bet out here. Lots of low cards have come and your 88 is now an overpair. The fact that the board is 2 suited and paired gives you even more reason to bet out. Also I don't see any reason to believe that anyone has a four in their hand and made trips, but you won't know unless you bet out.

Turn: You still have an overpair, again I would bet out.

River: Just call here now that another 7 has come. MP2 might have been on a flush draw with Ax of hearts and now he thinks that his A kicker will hold up. It is hard to say, though, since you didn't bet at all previously in the hand what MP2 has. In any event I wouldn't fold.
Old 01-26-2006, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tj and jr: who's going to bet the flop for you? Your pfr just checked.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would assume that with six limpers, someone will bet. If it does get checked around then I am leading the turn. I was thinking that hopefully someone in fairly late position would bet so that most of the people would have to cold call two bets thereby getting rid of most people with overcards. I could be wrong, I was once before.
Old 01-26-2006, 03:32 PM

Preflop call is fine.

Bet/raise the flop.

Bet/raise the turn.

Bet/raise the river.

If raised/re-raised at any point, I'm calling down (with no overcards hitting). This is straightforward I think.
Old 01-26-2006, 03:35 PM

I think this is what MrWookie was talking about when he said hands that have a really simple analysis get jumped all over and get 500 of the same reply. I'm guilty of it in this thread too. This is a really simple, straightfoward hand and isn't really worthy of this many responses. Go respond to some more difficult hands guys.
Old 01-26-2006, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
:Grunching:

Preflop I'm not sure that playing 88 UTG is standard. If the table is very passive and almost never raises preflop this is probably an okay play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bison posted a long time ago stats about limping 2-2 UTG, and it is barely profitable. NOT limping 8-8 UTG is very bad, unless you have an enormous lack of confidence in your post flop play. You HAVE to play that UTG. In fact, I'm limping every pocket pair UTG in virtually all but the tightest microlimit tables. When you hit your set, it pays off handsomely. Hell, it's probably correct to raise 8-8 UTG if the table is especially tight.
Old 01-26-2006, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tj and jr: who's going to bet the flop for you? Your pfr just checked.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would assume that with six limpers, someone will bet. If it does get checked around then I am leading the turn. I was thinking that hopefully someone in fairly late position would bet so that most of the people would have to cold call two bets thereby getting rid of most people with overcards. I could be wrong, I was once before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never assume you'll automatically have a pre-flop bettor when there is no pre-flop action or in this case the pre-flop raiser decided to check.

By letting the flop get checked around, you're giving up your equity edge and given everyone infinite odds to see the turn.