Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2006, 02:46 AM

Default Re: Too Passive?

Preflop: Why are you playing QJo in the first place? INSTAMUCK! Easy fold I fold QJo from any position, unless I am a blind, QJs is very marginal

I think you played it right, go into check call mode, against a TAG. You could have considered 3-betting the flop and then folding the turn if you got check-raised again, but I don't 3-bet with TPGK, usually with TPTK or better unless the villain is very laggy
Old 08-20-2006, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Why are you playing QJo in the first place? INSTAMUCK! Easy fold I fold QJo from any position

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an easy limp OTB after three-bad limpers.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:35 PM

Default RESULTS

BB had 8-8 for the runner-runner straight and MHING.

I had thought that this was pretty close (i.e, close between calling down as I did or raising the flop or turn)but that against this particular type of opponent (as opposed to a donk) my line was valid.

The Daver (and others) have convinced me that even against this type of opponent I need to put in a raise somewhere here.
Old 08-21-2006, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Why are you playing QJo in the first place? INSTAMUCK! Easy fold I fold QJo from any position, unless I am a blind, QJs is very marginal

[/ QUOTE ]

QJo is an easy call here. QJs is an easy raise from this spot.

b
Old 08-21-2006, 11:30 AM

Default Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]

I had thought that this was pretty close (i.e, close between calling down as I did or raising the flop or turn)but that against this particular type of opponent (as opposed to a donk) my line was valid.

The Daver (and others) have convinced me that even against this type of opponent I need to put in a raise somewhere here.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah this hand is just hoping its good, and when its not, you dont know why.

you're right.. it is too passive.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:36 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at what happened in this hand, your opponent had a 2 outer and he backed into a straight and won. If you knew his hand would you 3bet the flop? Of course not! You dont want him to fold. Would you raise the turn? Well if we assume the villain will always bet the river or check/call the river whether he hits or not, and if we assume that if we raise the turn the villain will call the turn raise but not call the river unimproved then raising the turn still has no value!

You choose the absolute best line in this hand. Do not let anyone tell you differently. Most 2+2ers wouldve told you to 3bet the flop or raise the turn becuz they wouldve correctly realized that it is very likely you have the best hand. Very few players on this website would be savvy enough to realize that in this exact spot playing passively will make/save you the most money in the long run against this player description. And thats what this game is about, making money, its not about raising cuz you have the best hand.

Colgin, you had the awareness to realize what the best line here was and you executed your game plan. You should be proud of yourself, I promise you, you are in a very exclusive group. It can take some players a life time to figure out that calling down is the best line here. Dont let the results cloud your mind. You played this hand expertly. Keep making good decisions and everything will work out.