Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2006, 10:02 AM

Default Re: Do you dream about poker?

[ QUOTE ]
I have a re-occuring dream where I'm playing some sort of complicated version of Omaha that I don't understand. I have backers, the stakes are huge, and I don't even get what makes a winning hand. I wake up nervous, trying to figure out what kind of strategy I should use. It's totally awful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you are playing O/8 hi lo. I tried that game at the local card barn. After a couple hours of getting quartered and scooped, I gave it up.

Guys who have played longer than we've been alive didn't know who had the winning low hands much of the time.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:37 AM

the only time i dream about it is after a long session or tourney and i go straight to bed. and then its just the cards from the pc being dealt over and over like im still playing. i do this as well if a play a video game for several hours then go straight to bed so its more of a computer game thing than a poker think for me i think. ie the pc is burning an image in my brain. i sleep badly on these nights fyi
Old 10-13-2006, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you dream about poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I'm playing against Jennifer Harman and a couple of young hotties...I think one of them is Isabelle Mercier...they get into a fight, strip and make out on the felt. It's a great dream and I've already sold the rights to Full Tilt for a pile of cash. I had another one involving Daniel Negreanu, a race horse and an electric cattle prod, but nobody wanted it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Add this to Post of the Year list
Dynamite Good start good middle FUNNIEST ENDING
yup my second nominee for post of the year
Old 10-15-2006, 11:32 PM

I have talked about this with my friend and he agreed. Dreaming about poker is horrible and makes me feel nervous all night long. Goig through hands all night. It feels as if I am losing but really confused and don't know whats going on wich is even worse. Luckily this hasn't happened in a while.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:47 PM

I sometimes dream about poker.

I remember I was playing a tournament in my dream, and I realised, hey this is my dream, so I got dealt monsters for the rest of the game...
Old 10-24-2006, 01:19 PM

I hate dreaming about poker. I usually do it if I grind a long session (5 hrs+) right before bed. I never dream about anything interesting; I'm just continually folding hands or making simple preflop decisions, trying to get a few more bucks before I quit. When I wake up, I'm really pissed that I was sitting around waiting for good hands, and I didn't even get anything out of it.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:34 AM

i wake up all during the night and right before i wake up i can remember me playing a hand on the internet but i didn't play this hand in real life, it's just a random hand my brain creates. Emotionally it feels like i actually played the hand. I only get into this dream state after intense internet play