Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2006, 11:18 PM

Default Re: Continental Airlines -- Fat Person Policy (\"Passenger Of Size\")

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
last time I was on a flight on united i complained that the person next to me was too fat and spilling over (she was). This was before the plane took off, on a full flight. They told me there were no more seats, and I said, well, she's taking half of mine, so this is unacceptable. They gave me a free coupon for another flight and comped that flight.

[/ QUOTE ]

when and how did you bring this up? did the fat lady ever know what was going on, and what was being said? since you got a free flight out of it, if i walk up to my seat, and see some spillover, what should be my play? turn around? keep walking right to the back? yell bomb?

thanks in advance

[/ QUOTE ]

Complain to the flight attendant
Old 08-13-2006, 11:19 PM

No, trust me, I wast being witty. Are you too stupid to understand that it is not discrimination if you are basing your views off something that is controlable. You are basically saying that I cant base my views on someone based on the way they act, would it be illegal or immoral for me to not like someone becuase they go around pushing or punching people all the time? No.

Or in a corporate enviroment, would it be illegal to fire someone because they are stealing, I mean thats discrimination becuase they are imposing on other people like a fat person on a plane does.

BTW, this thread needs a fatties on a plane paint job.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:20 PM

On Southwest Airlines, the rule is that you're a "Passenger of Size" if you can't put the armrest down.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, trust me, I wast being witty. Are you too stupid to understand that it is not discrimination if you are basing your views off something that is controlable. You are basically saying that I cant base my views on someone based on the way they act, would it be illegal or immoral for me to not like someone becuase they go around pushing or punching people all the time? No.

[/ QUOTE ]

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Edit: can't believe someone hasn't tried to sue for like a billion dollars for this?
Old 08-13-2006, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can this really be legal? I mean don't get me wrong it would suck to sit next to an obese person and have it be uncomfortable, but this seems illegal as well as immoral.

[/ QUOTE ]

I paid for a full seat on the plane. If I am only getting half the seat because the person next to me is spilling over, it isn't fair to me to be paying full price for half the product. Also, the fat people going down the aisle bump into everyone, which is disgusting. I don't want to touch someone's fatty ass or stomach.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:28 PM

dude. Quids ain't being witty. He showing that you can't apply "discrimination" to this practise. Fat people are allowed seats, but must pay more for the amount of room they take. People who pack lots of clothes also must pay more if they take more than 45# or 2 bags (or whatever that policy is). You ship more tonnage or take up more bulk, you pay more. How simple is that?
Old 08-13-2006, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can this really be legal? I mean don't get me wrong it would suck to sit next to an obese person and have it be uncomfortable, but this seems illegal as well as immoral.

[/ QUOTE ]

I paid for a full seat on the plane. If I am only getting half the seat because the person next to me is spilling over, it isn't fair to me to be paying full price for half the product. Also, the fat people going down the aisle bump into everyone, which is disgusting. I don't want to touch someone's fatty ass or stomach.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't the airlines allow them to travel in style down in the cargo hold? Set up a few ranch dressing hoses and a trough full of gravy and you won't have to worry about them bothering the normal sized passengers above them. Problem solved.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:34 PM

http://www.overlawyered.com/2006/02/..._not_vict.html

I especially like this part, where the southwest employee tries to explain the policy to the overweight passenger: "She (the passenger) accused him of being a 'motherf------ racist pig' and wished that his family would die from cancer when he tried to explain the company's policy to her."
Old 08-13-2006, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and a trough full of gravy

[/ QUOTE ]

This part rules.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Edit: can't believe someone hasn't tried to sue for like a billion dollars for this?

[/ QUOTE ]

What law is the airline breaking? What would the basis of the lawsuit be? (I ask merely for the laughable experience that will come from your trying to articulate an answer)