Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Mouse or Hamster?
Mouse 97 97.98%
Hamster 2 2.02%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-04-2006, 03:15 PM

Default Re: Controversial WSOP ME bustout hand- opinions needed

I can see how you'd be irk'ed by how the hand went down. Ultimately though I think you feel 'tricked' into calling by him calling the clock on you, which is pretty much exactly what he wanted.

For better or worse you did utter 'call' (as best I can tell) and thus you called.

If you only did so because you were rattled, that sucks of course, but a cynic would say "Don't get rattled"
Old 08-04-2006, 03:16 PM

sounds like you are looking for an excuse for being completely frazzled and making a bad decision.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:21 PM

I wasn't trying to bust your balls, I was just curious for my own sake, as I've only played a few live tournaments.

I'm a bit confused about how your hand went down, since it doesn't seem possible that the guy called the clock several times, but I'd say that the fact that the floor reversed his decision and gave you a chance to act on it after previously killing it doesn't mean the clock is meaningless....it just means that there were possibly extenuating circumstances and they decided that they effed originally and tried to correct it. I definitely hate to hear a story like this because it seems to me that it puts both you and the other guy in a real awkward spot...which would have been more so if he couldn't beat your flush as he'd be forced to decide whether to play it cool or to go nuts in trying to prevent the floor from reversing...

Obviously what they should be shooting for at all times is making sure you know when the clock is called on you and how much time you have.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:23 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It wasn't for a read, primarily it was to let the table know that I had a real decision and and needed time to act on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why on earth do you possibly care what the table thinks?

[/ QUOTE ]

you read the part where his table called the clock on him and made the hand more difficult for him to play right? at this point i wonder if 2p2ers even look at the original post beyond one sentance before responding.

rj
Old 08-04-2006, 03:23 PM

I feel sorry for you going out in such an ugly situation, but no offense, four bets on the turn and you didn't read the board properly and still didn't have a river plan? Wtf?
Old 08-04-2006, 03:24 PM

Ok I had 4 minutes to act on my hand and yes I was rattled. My complaint was that I had the clock called so quickly and was not given a reasonable (untainted) amount of time. I supposedly had a one minute clock and a 30 second clock for sure. The one minute clock didn't even really happen to me since all I heard was 3-2 .. you're hand is dead. Then two minutes of the four of confusion (of whether my hand is dead) and another 30 seconds of decision making where I'm completely rattled. Yes I screwed up the turn and yes I was rattled but I should be given full uninterrupted time to make a decision.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:26 PM

I had 80 k left on the river which is still very playable. I'm not saying that I'm the perfect player but just wanted a fair opportunity to go over the hand.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:28 PM

Even with your description, it sounds like you had plenty of time on both the turn and river to play your hand properly. Was a clock called on you on the turn? How much time did you use to think about yoru decision on the turn?

It just seems like you allowed yourself to be distracted by stuff like counting your chips on the river an a crowd of players/TV crew around you.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:28 PM

I'd hate to be in your position and there's a definite chance you got screwed here, but man, when 4 bets go in on the turn...
Old 08-04-2006, 03:30 PM

According to one poster the floor has to confer with the other players and myself before announcing the clock has started. Since they did not confer or announce the initial clock they made up for it by giving me an additional 30 seconds. Good job a-holes.