Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2006, 12:23 PM

Default Re: Most likely got a DUI last night, tell me how big of an a**hole I am

[ QUOTE ]
If you're going to lie, next time tell the policeman you had no beers instead of 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think this was a good move? I mean, I was at a bar, and drank some beers, I am sure that he could smell alcohol.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:23 PM

Default Re: Most likely got a DUI last night, tell me how big of an a**hole I

If you think that your drunken state is the reason for the accident, then beat yourself up for it like you are doing. If this COULD have happened without the beers in your system, don't get so down on yourself. You were not legally drunk.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:24 PM

Rick

I don't see any way you will be over the legal limit. If you stopped drinking at 10 or 11 and didn't get the blood test until 2:15 you will most certainly be fine. But you still [censored] up pretty bad and hopefully you learned your lesson.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
imo, if you were right at the legal limit, then morally i have no problem with you being on the road. i think that thing is set too low for most people.

[/ QUOTE ]
well most people probably doesn't include this guy because he got in an accident at under the legal limit. in general, i agree with you. i think people typically blow this issue out of proportion. driving at 0.10 is not hard, and unless something really rare comes up (some midget runs in front of your car or someone swerves into your lane), you're going to be fine. that said, i'll never be driving under the influence again, but this is only because of the consequences in california for your second offense.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:26 PM

Default Re: Most likely got a DUI last night, tell me how big of an a**hole I am

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you're going to lie, next time tell the policeman you had no beers instead of 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think this was a good move? I mean, I was at a bar, and drank some beers, I am sure that he could smell alcohol.

[/ QUOTE ]

The best move is to say nothing, you dont want to lie and say you weren't drinking, but you dont want to admit to anything.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:29 PM

Get a lawyer as soon as possible. If the blood test comes back over .08, you can likely get that thrown out based on the fact that you already took the breathalyzer. In Colorado, you cannot be forced to take a breathalyzer and a blood test, it is either/or. I'm pretty sure this is the case for most states.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheap cologne....As was said below, say nothing. Or if you have to answer, say you will wait for your lawyer before you answer any questions. Deny everything as a last resort. The police need a reason to take action. As soon as you verbally give them that reason, they can proceed. It's the same if they come to your house to investigate something. They can't search without a warrant, but if you let them in good naturedly and they see something illegal, you're screwed.

Where I'm from, police officers try to get convictions for promotions.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:57 PM

Seems to me if you say you won't talk without a lawyer that = instant trip for the blood test. If you can kinda talk to the cop and act like it's no big deal he's more likely to let you off.

Anyway, OP, it's one of those things, almost everyone who drinks drives drunk at least once, and it's just luck whether you get busted or not. I'm sure you won't do it again. It's a shame nobody learns this until they get busted.

I've never got a DUI but lots of my friends have, and I've heard the education classes they have to take are great places to meet party girls [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-29-2006, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he said that I registered as under the legal limit, but barely

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
He slammed on the brakes when merging, and in my slightly drunken state I did not respond as quickly as I should have.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
the limit is so damn low.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the limit btw, and do you really think it's too low?
Old 07-29-2006, 01:13 PM

In MN, the limit is now .08 like anywhere else. But you will probably be charged at a lower limit if you were endangering public safety. That could be driving too fast for the conditions, crossing the center line, and certainly your type of accident where the driver who hits another car from behind is always judged as the one at fault for not driving at a speed or at a safe distance so that you can avoid a collision.

By saying judged as the one at fault I don't mean for insurance purposes.