Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2006, 12:23 PM

Default Re: Bummed about new Borgata poker rates

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
riddick, i hear that slipping the desk clerk some cash at check in is very helpful

[/ QUOTE ]

Details pretty please.

[/ QUOTE ]
ive never done it, but im sure some people here have. its called bribery.
go to get a room at the desk, slip them some cash, you get better rates.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
riddick, i hear that slipping the desk clerk some cash at check in is very helpful

[/ QUOTE ]

Details pretty please.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds great in theory of course but it would be cool to hear some experiences.

Ah well, nothing lasts forever.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Details pretty please.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds great in theory of course but it would be cool to hear some experiences.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont know how cool this is going to be for you but before i got a host at the borgata i'd just get the regular rooms comped, $50 to the front desk person got me upgraded to a suite.... just put the money under your borgata card when you hand it to them - worked for me at least 3 times, it depends on who you get though... some say they cant/dont accept "tips", some take the money and do their job
Old 07-21-2006, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
riddick,
i dont know how cool this is going to be for you but before i got a host at the borgata i'd just get the regular rooms comped, $50 to the front desk person got me upgraded to a suite.... just put the money under your borgata card when you hand it to them - worked for me at least 3 times, it depends on who you get though... some say they cant/dont accept "tips", some take the money and do their job

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, did the 50 get you the comped room or did you already have the room free and the 50 got you the upgrade?
Old 07-21-2006, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The poker rate was just such a great value. Without it available as readily it will tend to curtail my trips down there to some extent. No way I'm shelling out 400 to stay there.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly it for me, too. I only recently turned 21 and have only got the room once as more of a party room, but I had planned on getting a $39 room many times this fall/winter since I'll be 120 miles away. Now I probably won't be going to the Borgata at all until winter break. Maybe I'll just stick to the Taj out of spite.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
riddick,

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, did the 50 get you the comped room or did you already have the room free and the 50 got you the upgrade?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I already had the comped regular room, the 50 got me the upgrade. (worth it) I get suites now so I don't need to do that anymore but was just commenting that I have done it and it does work.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
riddick,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I already had the comped regular room, the 50 got me the upgrade. (worth it) I get suites now so I don't need to do that anymore but was just commenting that I have done it and it does work.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did you get the comped regular room? Do you play the high action games there on a regular basis?
Old 07-21-2006, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
riddick,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How did you get the comped regular room? Do you play the high action games there on a regular basis?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really play poker there anymore, I play a lot of blackjack... used to be green chip, now mostly black chip with a touch of purple - started getting 3 free rooms a week based on prior play (had a few weeks where I put in 50+ hrs of blackjack), then got hooked up with a host and now get suites whenever I want.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:54 PM

It might also depend on which operator you talk to..
I called for Fri/Sat in August and was told I could only have Sun - Thurs (I usually play 10-12 hrs per day of 6/12 and 10/20; 4-6 times per year). Called back thinking I'd ask about the criteria, but decided just to ask for Fri/Sat again and got it from a different operator... hoping if I make another Fri/Sat reservation when I check out, I'll be able to get
it then from the desk clerk or perhaps now I'll always be able to get Fri/Sat [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2006, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It might also depend on which operator you talk to..
I called for Fri/Sat in August and was told I could only have Sun - Thurs (I usually play 10-12 hrs per day of 6/12 and 10/20; 4-6 times per year). Called back thinking I'd ask about the criteria, but decided just to ask for Fri/Sat again and got it from a different operator... hoping if I make another Fri/Sat reservation when I check out, I'll be able to get
it then from the desk clerk or perhaps now I'll always be able to get Fri/Sat [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice. I've been mostly a 1/2 and 3/6 player (maybe 75%) so maybe your limits are the starting point. I need to check out the new room anyway so maybe Ima drink less and concentrate on better poker.