Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2006, 03:56 PM

Default Re: My summer SSNL bankroll grind plan from NL$2 to NL$25 (kinda long)

[ QUOTE ]
There's one big flaw with your plan...as you increase through the levels, you require a smaller and smaller bankroll for yourself (relative to the blinds).

I don't care how easy the games are, you're setting yourself up to have horrible bankroll management habits. You should make 20 buyins at the next level the amount to move up at. If the games truly are EASY (which they are), then it won't take long to get those few extra buyins.

NL2 until you have $100, then move up.
NL5 until you have $200, then move up.
NL10 until you have $500, then move up.

zipppy

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree completely, 10-15 buy-ins is plenty for 25NL. See AJmargarine's post on BR management (it's stickied.)
Old 06-12-2006, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
..bonus whore at party $25 NL after that..

[/ QUOTE ]

can you elaborate a little bit on that please? what kind of bonus whoring is there to be done at party, other than reload bonuses and their like 25% deposit bonus?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you really don't have the bankroll to take full advantage of that. Check out bonuswhores.com they have some suggestions on what to do with a low bankroll.

If you are a consistant winning player it might be worth it for you to play at a slightly higher limit say $50 NL on prima, buyin for half, take advantage of the 100% to $100 bonus money.

I'm not suggesting a short stack all-in strategy, but you could use a half buyin to reduce variance when bonus grinding.
Old 06-12-2006, 04:10 PM

at the very very least please dont start with 25 buyins for $2 tables. thats just absurd. put $25 on a 25 dollar table and gamble with it hoping to actually end of with a legit roll. if this is really the only $50 you have then save the other 25 (12 buyins) to play on a 2 dollar table if you bust out with the first 25.

bankroll managemnet at these levels is just silly. i would either come up with more cash or just gamble it up with your 50 bucks and see if you cant get lucky and end up with a legit roll. its just too easy to come up with $50 to waste the time grinding out $2 nl tables. if you legitimately want to make a go of actually making money playing poker, just gamble with that 50 bucks at $25 tables.
Old 06-12-2006, 04:23 PM

I started with a $200 deposit and got the Paradise $100 bonus, then worked it up to $9000 in 4 months and cashed it all out at the end of 2005 in anger over bad beats.

I rebuilt with my rakeback payment of $160 in January and am now up to $7000.

Basically, what I am saying is that you need just a little more to start and then you can get ALOT of bonuses (half the money I made was from bonuses) and build up that way.
I am currently mostly playing NL100 and NL200.
Old 06-12-2006, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
at the very very least please dont start with 25 buyins for $2 tables. thats just absurd. put $25 on a 25 dollar table and gamble with it hoping to actually end of with a legit roll. if this is really the only $50 you have then save the other 25 (12 buyins) to play on a 2 dollar table if you bust out with the first 25.

bankroll managemnet at these levels is just silly. i would either come up with more cash or just gamble it up with your 50 bucks and see if you cant get lucky and end up with a legit roll. its just too easy to come up with $50 to waste the time grinding out $2 nl tables. if you legitimately want to make a go of actually making money playing poker, just gamble with that 50 bucks at $25 tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I tend to agree with this somewhat. The value of having a bankroll really is that you can continue playing poker instead of going bust, and not being able to play at that level again.

I'd suggest starting at $10 NL at stars.
Old 06-12-2006, 04:26 PM

I suck: I've never done any bonus whoring. Did you just do whatever they say to do in the bonus/rb forums, or did you do something different?
Old 06-12-2006, 04:33 PM

I just made my own plan. I did PP, PS, UB, FT, ABS and PTY(&E) bonuses and reloads primarily in my first few months.

Lately I have been doing PR and skins and it is working well.

Edit: I stayed away from the smaller sites. Haven't looked into Prima yet either.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:11 PM

Stupid question: will they let me cash out $500 and then reload for $500, etc.?
Old 06-12-2006, 06:10 PM

While I do think there is a very good chance your plan will work, I would go about it slightly different. You seem to be allowing yourself fewer buyins as you move up, which is kind of backwards. Instead of starting at NL2 with 25 buyins start at the NL5(only buyin for 100BBs though) with 10 buyins and then move up when you have $100-$150. For NL25 you really should wait until you have 15-20 buyins, if you are a proven longterm winner 10-15 would be fine. Best of luck to you.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:12 PM

if he worked at mcd's for a few days to deposit $150...thats an awful lot of money to just throw into poker if you have no idea if you can beat this game, when you are in high school.

building a roll from scratch is a learning experience that serious players should have.