Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2006, 06:26 PM

Default Re: Scolded by Party for revealing my hand

Just a slight hijack...

You want a call when you hold pocket tens.
Old 05-24-2006, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
excellent point...except that he's correct. in a tournament every player's success is related to how well/poorly everyone else performs. if there was some particular interest in keeping the BB alive in the tourney and keep him from calling in a -ev situation, then everyone else in the tourney suffers.

revagain, youre funny.

bwana

[/ QUOTE ]

None of this matters, I will effectively dump chips to the short stack when I have a big lead in a SnG with 4 players remaining if I can. I am doing my utmost to keep one player alive and hurt the other's chances. Perfectly reasonable play because I am doing so in my own best interests hoovering up the larger stacks chips to maximize my chances of first place.

As to the other moron who claims that it has to be wrong because Party can't tell if you're softplaying, I presume then he is regularly emailing them requesting they ban people from checking the nuts in case they are softplaying and not trying to checkraise, because Party couldn't tell which it was unless the guy checked to bets.

Jesus Christ.......
Old 05-24-2006, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
None of this matters, I will effectively dump chips to the short stack

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, this matters a great deal. this is exactly what you called him out on being wrong about.

then you go on about moving chips to the short stack which a strategy. the strategy you mention actually relates to what you initially discounted in the first place.

i usually dont mind the assinine comments on here but if youre going to make a fool of yourself and insult someone, at least be correct.

bwana
Old 05-24-2006, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I Type: "I have black tens".

[/ QUOTE ]

Why they gotta be black?
Old 05-24-2006, 08:00 PM

I suspect racism... Hate Crime, Hate Crime!!!
Old 05-24-2006, 09:52 PM

I honestly don't have a clue what you're talking about or what you are even attempting to say. [edit - I just thought about it for a minute or so and I think I do get it, but you're just repeating the same idiotic and incorrect argument that's already been mooted - that you can't play a certain way because it puts other players at a disadvantage. Please do clarify though, so I can be sure].

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
None of this matters, I will effectively dump chips to the short stack

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, this matters a great deal. this is exactly what you called him out on being wrong about.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-25-2006, 02:12 AM

Rev,

You really don't know [censored] about tournament poker do you? Your paragraph about how my argument is the most idiotic thing you have ever read here was about the only post on 2+2 that literally almost put me on the floor laughing. Thanks for that. I really didn't even know if you were being serious or sarcastic, but now it's clear.

I will try one more time. If you want to dump chips to an opponent (your example) through fair use (i.e., you don't know each other and are not colluding) because you think it will help your position to cash, that's fine. But once you TALK to another player to influence that dump, you are putting the other players at a disadvantage. Can you understand this? You just said giving the small stack your chips would help you. Well, if it helps you, it certainly can't help your opponents.

Okay, since that doesn’t make sense to you, let’s look at it this way:

In a tournament, headsup or not, you are not allowed to talk about the hand in play.

That is the rule for tournament poker online and B&M; you don’t have to agree with it, but you must abide by it.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:35 PM

I was watching WPT last night and the commentators mentioned that it is against the rules to disclose your hole cards, but..... it is not against the rules to lie about them. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm pretty sure that is the standard B&M rules also.

--------------kitty