Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2006, 11:53 AM

Default Re: Will WSEX last over a year?

It's the other way around. Deposits are free. You only get one free withdrawal every 10 days, $15 per withdrawal after that.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:25 PM

I think free withdrawals every 10 days are good enough, who needs more?
Old 05-19-2006, 12:28 PM

WSEX is the ONLY site I now play at. While the results haven't been amazing (i.e. they didn't catch Party in 2 months) the game selection is certainly better than it was even 2 weeks ago.

At 5/10 and below you can almost always find 3 games. Above that it gets a little dicier.

But I sit at a table and players almost always show up. Try this if you haven't, it really works.

I have had to play more 3 and 4 handed than in the past but considering the move towards SHanded play I don't see this as a major major bad thing.

I typically get on 2 10/20 tables and possibly a 20/40 table. If I can't do that I play 1 400NL game to get 3 tables going (which is totally new for me).

I'd like to see them take more player suggetions and send emails to members(?) stating what the future upgrade plans are.

1 thing that I think is hurting them is the availablity of 5 max tables. (Hear me out). Right now they are not filling tables, yet there might be 2 5 max games going and no 10 player games going. This makes it so people new to the site can't get in a game (they won't sit and start a new VERY short handed table).

If people want to play SH they will just go start another table if the 10 player gets to full. This would increase the number of tables and allow players to always find a game.
(It's not like Party where if you are at a 10 player table there will be 10 players) Once it gets to that point they could do the 5 max tables.

Another thing they could do is make it so the button is correct heads up. This drives High Limit heads up players nuts at other sites and they would be one of the few to have it right.

-------------------------------------------------

Will WSEX be around in a year? Yes.
How successful it is will be up to the site.

(How about having HU matches that start right after NBC has the HU coverage? And advertise it on NBC?)

:: I sure hope they make it my win rate per hour hasn't been this high for over a year.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's the other way around. Deposits are free. You only get one free withdrawal every 10 days, $15 per withdrawal after that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Deposits aren't free for WSEX. It costs them money when you deposit.

I think it's a good idea to make a few sports bets if you're a poker player there. I'm 0 for 2 right now, so they currently have a 100% edge!

Further, all this stuff has been discussed ad nauseum. Will wsex be there in a year? Who knows. If you want it to succeed, play there, support their sports book, and maybe it will.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is some contradiction in numbers. If WSEX poker will grow, their costs (support, processor fees, bandwidth, fraud) will increase. Just betting the amount of rake back on sports (as Microbob suggests) with 10% WSEX profit margin won't cover their costs, and that assumes most of tpoker players betting all their rake back, which they won't.

So growing poker numbers without increasing percentage of poker players betting on sports or playing BJ may force WSEX to drop 100% RB sooner than later.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much is Party's Income vs. Cost (especially if you take out advertising cost).
I just can't believe the cost to run a site is that much of the expense. Though no one has ever shown any numbers.

Oh yeah I'm 0 for 6 Sportsbetting [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-19-2006, 01:18 PM

omg sorry if this is gay but i [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] your location

cuz I did almost cry at poker the other day. hold me.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how WSEX can possibly lose any money by going this route. The personel they use are the same ones running the Sports book, so there are really no added costs.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am a WPEX player but this comment is obviously not true. I hope it lasts but it does cost them money to run the site. The people supporting the sports site do not work for free when they are taking poker calls.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how WSEX can possibly lose any money by going this route. The personel they use are the same ones running the Sports book, so there are really no added costs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a WPEX player but this comment is obviously not true. I hope it lasts but it does cost them money to run the site. The people supporting the sports site do not work for free when they are taking poker calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much? Those people are getting paid regardless if the poker room is running or not. Is there somebody behind the scenes who knows how much it costs to maintain a small poker site? I bet it's pigeon [censored].
Old 05-19-2006, 07:14 PM

I can't help but think that huge Cardplayer article will give them a huge jolt. Hey, even if it's only 90 percent rake return we'll all be happy.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant that WSEX has to pay when you deposit. When you cashout it's free for them.