Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2007, 12:41 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ive tried this line against rich a couple times but mostly he just gets frusterated he missed everything and checks thru--
he really wont get out of line on the bigger streets

[/ QUOTE ]

who is this rich guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

He playes mostly yellow, but has played a fair amount of red. Tall shaved head kid.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:49 PM

Default Re: Tons of flop action with fish being squeezed

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I bet, planning on folding to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

bad idea.

did u notice the size of the pot after your bet/raise? you're gonna be getting 13 or 14 to 1, I dunno I'm too lazy to do the math. but if he's aware what a LAG you are then you can't be bet/folding this turn b/c he could be raising AK and AQ just as easily at AJ.

check/call, bro.

[/ QUOTE ]

He never has AK, and I really dont think he has AQ. He either has AJ, KQc, or KTc. Giving a free card here would blow. He is not putting me on ATs after I donk this turn. He is putting me on AJ+. He doesnt think Im a lagtard. Just that I am looser preflop than the normal TAG.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

bad idea.

did u notice the size of the pot after your bet/raise? you're gonna be getting 13 or 14 to 1, I dunno I'm too lazy to do the math. but if he's aware what a LAG you are then you can't be bet/folding this turn b/c he could be raising AK and AQ just as easily at AJ.

check/call, bro.

[/ QUOTE ]

He never has AK, and I really dont think he has AQ. He either has AJ, KQc, or KTc. Giving a free card here would blow. He is not putting me on ATs after I donk this turn. He is putting me on AJ+. He doesnt think Im a lagtard. Just that I am looser preflop than the normal TAG.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, I can see how u don't think he has AK. but why can't you rule out AQ? it seems totally plausible, it's like you've limited his range to AJ+ and [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] draws so that you don't want to give a free card an can't stand a turn raise so yeah... obv. bet/fold is the best line. why is he putting you on AJ+ after your turn donk?
Old 04-11-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

bad idea.

check/call, bro.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, I can see how u don't think he has AK. but why can't you rule out AQ? it seems totally plausible, it's like you've limited his range to AJ+ and [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] draws so that you don't want to give a free card an can't stand a turn raise so yeah... obv. bet/fold is the best line. why is he putting you on AJ+ after your turn donk?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not really ruling out AQ, but I dont think he would raise the turn with it. We stuck in 4bets preflop, and I donk the turn. That shows huge strength to him. He is probably not putting me on AT, so that leaves AJ+. You are focusing your analysis on the possibility that he has AQ, when really you should focus on his range and use the most optimal line for that range. The fact is by checking the turn we give a free card to majority of his range, because we are scared of one hand that he might or might not raise.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im not really ruling out AQ, but I dont think he would raise the turn with it. We stuck in 4bets preflop, and I donk the turn. That shows huge strength to him. He is probably not putting me on AT, so that leaves AJ+. You are focusing your analysis on the possibility that he has AQ, when really you should focus on his range and use the most optimal line for that range. The fact is by checking the turn we give a free card to majority of his range, because we are scared of one hand that he might or might not raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm... fair enough. I was struggling earlier w/ discounting AK/AQ but if you're certain he's not raising you on the turn w/ either then I guess this is fine. just an awkward spot to put yourself in and I wasn't sure folding getting 14 to 1 made a lot of sense when you had outs.

good analysis
Old 04-11-2007, 03:47 PM

Grolsch,
AK/AQ has MitchL in very bad shape so even if you include it in villain's turn raising range its not a bad bet/fold.