Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Tons of flop action with fish being squeezed (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=374841)

MitchL 04-10-2007 01:56 AM

Tons of flop action with fish being squeezed

Canterbury 15-30

Rich is standard TAG. He and I are both stuck in this game and everyone else seems to be winning and having fun. Virgil, the 2nd villian in this hand is loose and bad. Rich probably views me as being laggy, though I have tightened up considerably since we last played.

I open utg w/ A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Virgil calls in HJ, and Rich calls in the CO.

Flop A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet, Virgil calls, Rich raises, I 3-bet, Virgil calls, Rich 4-bets, we both call.

Turn: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet, planning on folding to a raise.

PokerBob 04-10-2007 02:16 AM

Re: Tons of flop action with fish being squeezed

sure. does he always have AQ-AJ here?

MitchL 04-10-2007 02:22 AM

If he raises yes. AQ is the worst hand he would have.

jordanx 04-10-2007 02:33 AM

What range is Mitch capping this flop with? Seems like Virgil is telegraphing a flush draw, Mitch looks like 22, AJ, AQ. You might have 1 clean out here, what about check folding the turn?

vmacosta 04-10-2007 02:42 AM

Its perfect. post hands from session where you played lag

MitchL 04-10-2007 02:51 AM

Nothing remarkable, just alot of opening w/ 56s and J8, J9 type hands. In this session I was caught trying to bluff the button raiser w/ air, he called w/ A high. Also, whenever Virgil was in a pot with me we stuck in no less than 4 bets in on the flop every time.

Another hand Rich witnessed where Virgil was in, I opened in EP w/ J9o and Virgil called out of sb. Flop came T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Check, bet call.

Turn: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

He donks I raise he calls.

river: 9

He checks I bet he calls and mhig: he shows 87c

vmacosta 04-10-2007 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nothing remarkable, just alot of opening w/ 56s and J8, J9 type hands. In this session I was caught trying to bluff the button raiser w/ air, he called w/ A high. Also, whenever Virgil was in a pot with me we stuck in no less than 4 bets in on the flop every time.

Another hand Rich witnessed where Virgil was in, I opened in EP w/ J9o and Virgil called out of sb. Flop came T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Check, bet call.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, plz post more! (you played that hand really bad/tilty sorry dude)

MitchL 04-10-2007 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Check, bet call.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, plz post more! (you played that hand really bad/tilty sorry dude)

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the turn raise vs. the showdown monkey was expert.

Another one: Rich raises utg, 5 cold callers including Virgil. I call in sb w/ K4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Flop:

K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet, Rich folds Virgil raises, all fold, I 3 town, he 4bets, I call.

Turn: As

I check he bets I call.

river: 4s

I bet he calls.

I scream out: Two pairs! he had KT.

sososoapy 04-10-2007 03:54 PM

hand#1 i like the turn donk if you can could to a raise. but i also think by betting you're giving him the chance to out play you. given your current image, i can see rich getting trixsy and bumping it up again.

giovanna_rio 04-10-2007 09:37 PM

I like that opening j9 in EP....looks like you had the A game going.