Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2007, 01:27 PM

Default Re: (39) KQ, good spot to \'action limp\'?

you are missing the point.

With those stacks SB is reraising you all in with any 2 unless is braindead because he will be certain that BB will fold and you will have to fold 100% unless you hold AA, in which case calling is even dumber.

KQ is a very marginal hand, tell me where is the value.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:29 PM

Who doesn't call a minraise?

You raise to 400, he calls. Flop comes 8 5 2. He pushes. You lose 400.. I believe you have better fold equity with a larger raise and if he does come over the top you lay it down.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe the right play is a 3x BB raise and adjust to a push based off of previous reads

[/ QUOTE ]

STOP IT. STOP THE NONSENSE. JUST STOP NOW.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:32 PM

Mike,

I like it.

Edit - I like it IF you think SB will push over a limp AND push over a min-raise.

I don't like it so much if SB might fold to a min-raise, in that case I like min-raising.

So in short, if you have the right read, I like it.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you are missing the point.

With those stacks SB is reraising you all in with any 2 unless is braindead because he will be certain that BB will fold and you will have to fold 100% unless you hold AA, in which case calling is even dumber.

KQ is a very marginal hand, tell me where is the value.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not missing the point. I understand that you are saying that SB SHOULD be pushing 100% if you enter the pot. What I'm telling you is that SB WON'T be pushing 100% of the hands. Most players (at least in the 39's) don't take advantage of these types of situations. You raise, they see their junk hand, and they fold.

Lastly, please stop saying KQ is a marginal hand. We're down to 3 people. KQ is a strong hand 3 handed. You wait for your aces, I'll play my KQ.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:40 PM

I agree with Wiggs here.
Often guys suck at pwning the bubble in which case I prefer raising t500 if sb shoves fold. I like actions limping here if he gets pwning the bubble.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lastly, please stop saying KQ is a marginal hand. We're down to 3 people. KQ is a strong hand 3 handed. You wait for your aces, I'll play my KQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing. What do you wait for 1010 and push all in only to be in a coinflip.

I'm not saying we EVER GO ALL IN before the flop with a BB this short. However, this is a raising hand and we would still have 2x the short stack if we have to fold to a push. This big stack isn't looking to double everyone up.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:51 PM

Yeah I like it. At 1st I thought you were ITM on a 9-man and I actually like it in that spot as well.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You raise to 400, he calls. Flop comes 8 5 2. He pushes. You lose 400.. I believe you have better fold equity with a larger raise and if he does come over the top you lay it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

The short stack has 3BBs left. I don't think he really cares if you min raise or make it 10 million. A min raise would be less expensive it the SB pushes. I like a call better than either anyway. BB is usually getting all in here except for the times that you enter the pot & SB shoves, in which case he'll sometimes fold. By limping you can possibly take KQ, a hand which is usually best 3 handed, against the short stack and possibly even have another hand against the short stack to check it down with, instead of the just the junk cards that SB usually has. If you limp, SB shoves, and BB folds I think it's a pretty decent result as well since shorty will leave himself with just 2BBs.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The short stack has 3BBs left. I don't think he really cares if you min raise or make it 10 million. A min raise would be less expensive it the SB pushes. I like a call better than either anyway. BB is usually getting all in here except for the times that you enter the pot & SB shoves, in which case he'll sometimes fold. By limping you can possibly take KQ, a hand which is usually best 3 handed, against the short stack and possibly even have another hand against the short stack to check it down with, instead of the just the junk cards that SB usually has. If you limp, SB shoves, and BB folds I think it's a pretty decent result as well since shorty will leave himself with just 2BBs.

[/ QUOTE ]

what an awesome explanation, i wonder who brough that out of you [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]