Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2006, 09:00 PM

Default Re: I just realized I colluded yesterday

she likes to play occasionally for fun.

and when she plays lower stakes she is a total 90-VPIP type donk so doesn't seem to be THAT great at poker.

Yet you let her play with your money up to 100/200?

This just seems strange to me.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:42 PM

hes GIVING his girlfriend money to play poker- I'd say he isnt to bright to begin with
Old 12-01-2006, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It wasn't planned or really even intentional. Didn't think that some of you would take it so seriously.

[/ QUOTE ] It was planned and intentional. Just not by you.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I used to let her play on my account but stopped after she lost over $9K in about 2 hours playing 30/60 and 100/200.

[/ QUOTE ]And you were seriously ok with this? No matter how much money I had, I would be shocked that my girlfriend woud even have the nerve to risk so much of my money!

[/ QUOTE ]

Whenever she plays that big, I'm usually watching her and she plays more reasonably. And I advice her on the more difficult situations (though she doesn't always listen).

But this one time, I was tired and decided to take a nap. And two hours later, she comes down and says 'I lost a lot of money.' I had been running good at that time, so I just chalked it up to, 'well, knew I was due for a loss.'

And realistically, to lose $7k at 30/60 and $2k at 100/200 in two hours playing no more than two tables is mostly attributible to bad luck. I don't think her mediocre play has that big a negative expectation. (She doesn't play those stakes as badly as she does .50/$1.)

[/ QUOTE ]

$9k thats alotta Head [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2006, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I used to let her play on my account but stopped after she lost over $9K in about 2 hours playing 30/60 and 100/200.

[/ QUOTE ]And you were seriously ok with this? No matter how much money I had, I would be shocked that my girlfriend woud even have the nerve to risk so much of my money!

[/ QUOTE ]

Whenever she plays that big, I'm usually watching her and she plays more reasonably. And I advice her on the more difficult situations (though she doesn't always listen).

But this one time, I was tired and decided to take a nap. And two hours later, she comes down and says 'I lost a lot of money.' I had been running good at that time, so I just chalked it up to, 'well, knew I was due for a loss.'

And realistically, to lose $7k at 30/60 and $2k at 100/200 in two hours playing no more than two tables is mostly attributible to bad luck. I don't think her mediocre play has that big a negative expectation. (She doesn't play those stakes as badly as she does .50/$1.)

[/ QUOTE ]

$9k thats alotta Head [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's what I was thinking.

The good loving I got when I loaned my gf $11K...was CRAZY AWESOME!

(that was a while ago, she has paid me back too, so got the crazy good loving, and the money back)
Old 12-01-2006, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
she likes to play occasionally for fun.

and when she plays lower stakes she is a total 90-VPIP type donk so doesn't seem to be THAT great at poker.

Yet you let her play with your money up to 100/200?

This just seems strange to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the time when she plays big, I'm watching her and instructing her. This one time I decided to take a nap and let her play 30/60 on her own. She got stuck and went up trying to get it back. Lost $2k more at 1/2 and quit.

Also, a couple of sessions shortly before that loss, she had won $4k and $4k, playing on my account with me watching. In fact in one of those sessions, I was stuck $4k and she got me even.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just wondering why you posted this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering the same thing

[/ QUOTE ]

I just realize I got Premium Unleaded gas, rather than the Original Unleaded gas. I think I might start a thread about it. Should I put it in BBV?
Old 12-01-2006, 11:17 PM

RFOL

I always thought girls friend were expansive
Old 12-01-2006, 11:18 PM

I'm confused about a few things. What do you mean you were playing independently? Either you were sharing information or you weren't. Even if you are sharing information and don't run anyone out of a a pot you are still cheating. Its amazing how much this stuff happens and it makes me wonder how some people with nearly a 1000 posts since 03 built their bankroll up to start with. WTF?
Old 12-02-2006, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm confused about a few things. What do you mean you were playing independently? Either you were sharing information or you weren't. Even if you are sharing information and don't run anyone out of a a pot you are still cheating. Its amazing how much this stuff happens and it makes me wonder how some people with nearly a 1000 posts since 03 built their bankroll up to start with. WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're implying that I built my bankroll by cheating, let me assure you that that is the farthest from the truth.
Fact is, I've been playing poker since the early nineties starting at 3/6. When I play live these days, it's at limits from 75/150 to 400/800. That's how I built most of my bankroll.
My girlfriend didn't even have her own account until fairly recently, and she's only played tiny limits on there, limits I wouldn't bother with. This was one time where she talked me into playing a small SNG with her.
When I was playing the SNG, I was focused mainly on the other games I was playing (3 30/60 games) and hardly paid much attention to the SNG. The one hand in question was an exception because there was a lull in my other 3 tables.
So we just both said out loud, 'yeah, I missed, I got nothing' and she had the idea to bet and raise. I didn't give it a second thought at the time, and she just laughed when it worked and moved on. It was cheating, but I'm sure she didn't think of it as such, just cause she doesn't think about such things. I should have known better but didn't give it a second thought.
I posted this here cause I thought it'd be mildly amusing. I never realized that some of you would take it so seriously. I thought it'd be amusing cause these stakes are so far removed from what I normally play that it felt more like a joke than an infraction. It's just never struck me as anything real or serious. It's more like when I play poker with my nephews (nickles and dimes) and I'd deliberately lose to them, or playfully help them cheat (slip them a card they need) to beat their father.