Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 08:35 PM

Default Re: Reviewing HHs after your matches

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I used to review my hands in notepad. It took forever.

As other's have mentioned, SNGW is a great tool for reviewing tourneys. Not only does it immediately identify where you pushed, or did not push correctly. You can quickly scan your stack size for every hand played and when you see a big change in the stack you can open the details to see the ICM piece, but even more you can open the notepad to review the hand transcript.

Since I don't make a ton of mistakes anymore [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I can get through one HH in about 3-5 minutes. Last night I played about 15 games (4 tabling) from 8-11 and I reviewed all 15 from about 11-12.

I always try and review my games everyday either after a set, but usually after I am done playing. Doing this helps control tilt (when you shove correctly and lose) and it also quickly identifies and corrects leaks before they ruin you (mentally and financially).

Last night I received a lot of beats, but upon reviewing my games, I found that I had also tightened up when I should have been shoving some weaker hands. I also missed and made a few bad calls. I suspect this was due a little to tilting from losing so many hands I was ahead earlier in my session.

Hopefully I run goot tonight [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dr. J......I haven't downloaded sngwiz yet (I use sngpt), but how does sngwiz tell you if you pushed correctly or not.....wouldn't that depend on your opponents calling ranges? And since their calling ranges are going to change every hand, how can you get through an entire HH in 3-5 minutes?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

SNGW assigns ranges to each opponent. However, they are not always great ranges. For much of the game, folding is the correct play... b/c you're OOP or your hand sucks. So you fold, SNGW says nh, and you don't even look at the detail. But the decisions get tougher when you're in CO-BB position w/ marginal holdings, and SNGW often flags these types of hands, for me at least.

Too much to type here, but get the free trial, you'll see, it makes it easy to study relatively quickly. Some games I screw up a lot, and it takes longer to get through those hands. But when I open a tourney, and all I see are green check marks, and I scan my starting stack size on each hand, and the 5 places my stack changed significantly and open the notepad and see I played correctly, or not, I make a mental note and move on. Just try it and report back [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]