Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 02:23 PM

Default Re: NL50 Am I too weak tight?

You need stack sizes with these, you say you're committed if you bet the turn but we don't know that because we don't see the stack sizes being dealt with, which definitely affects play.

Hand one I like the flop call, but I'm probably betting the turn. A check seems fine also, but it smells fishy for him to lead the flop, then check when the board finally puts a flush draw out there; smells like weakness to me overall. If he's got AQ then he's still going to lead the turn on this still quite dry board, unless it's AQ [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in which case it could've been a shot at a c/r. As played I think I've gotta call that river bet though. If I bet the turn and got re popped I'm gonna let it go, but you said it'd be past the commitment threshold then you've gotta call if you bet the turn... so maybe the check behind if best, but then you don't know what to do with that weird river bet. I think I'm gonna have to bet this turn here.

Hand two, you've gotta raise that flop. It's just way too draw heavy. I'd probably raise it up to $22-$25. If he 3-bets you all in you're calling still but probably not liking it. As played the turn fold it great.