Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2007, 06:41 PM

Default Re: So long Tank, thanks for playing.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not trying to start a racial argument, but the fact that he was a black man on the road in Gilbert - a semi-upscale, heavily white community - at 3:30 in the morning couldn't have helped his cause any. Not smart for a guy looking to avoid negative publicity.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. The majority of ppl in Gilbert have one of these stickers on their cars too.

D
Old 06-25-2007, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The NFL has turned into a complete joke

[/ QUOTE ]
Yet, because it is by far the most popular sport in america, these players will continue to do little to no harm to the reputation of the sport, while NBA players as a whole are "thugs" every time one of them winds up in the headlines. Sweet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that complaint is really valid anymore.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:57 PM

Is there any chance the Bears had him on a zero tolerance policy (including no drinking whatsoever) and this is what got him cut?
Old 06-25-2007, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there any chance the Bears had him on a zero tolerance policy (including no drinking whatsoever) and this is what got him cut?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely, especially when you consider what Roger Goodell is doing to players and threatening to do to clubs (think Bengals).
Old 06-25-2007, 09:39 PM

I wouldn't really feel too bad for the Tankster. Someone will pick him up. Big 300 lb behemoths that clog the middle of the D-line are in high demand.

But having said that, it seems management is jumping the gun here. I bet if it were tommy Harris or Urlacher, there's NO way they would have cut him. (on second thought,I bet management prays that Rex Grossman gets nailed for some sort of date-rape charge)

I guess in the NFL, you can't smoke the weed,smack your gf, drink and drive, or cause riots in strip clubs, but it's ok to kill someone at a Super Bowl party like Ray Lewis did in Atlanta. just look at him now- Commericals and the cover of Madden!!
Old 06-25-2007, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The test results won't be back for about two weeks... you'd think they'd at least wait for that.

[/ QUOTE ]
There was a column in the Tribune yesterday saying that the mere fact that Johnson was out at 3:30 AM was almost as bad as any DUI. It suggested that Johnson hadn't learned anything from his jail sentence and that he hasn't changed. To be honest, I think the Bears might have cut him in response to that column.

Another column

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm out at 3:30AM almost every Friday and Saturday night and I have no problems with the law or anything of the sort. Tons of young Americans like to have fun on the weekends...I really don't see anything that bad with being out late.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:44 PM

did your best friend get killed when you were out late?

did you just get out of jail and make a big speech about how you have learned your lesson, and you were ready to be a good citizen.

have you had several run-ins with the law in the last several years?

were you warned by your employer that they wouldn't put up with any more of your bs?

it really is a big deal!!
Old 06-25-2007, 10:47 PM

jack,

He was out late...that's all we know right now. He may have been drunk...we don't know anything besides a black man was pulled over and took a blood test. It was 330 AM, but big effing deal, he does not have a curfew.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:03 PM

that does not matter the team had him on a short lease for his past run-ins, an d they have said enough. you might want to read up on the whole story before thinking he has somehow been wronged. the nfl had suspended him for 8 games already and now this was the last straw as far as the team was concerned.

the bears do not want to be associated with this habitual screw-up and that is their choice.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jack,

He was out late...that's all we know right now. He may have been drunk...we don't know anything besides a black man was pulled over and took a blood test. It was 330 AM, but big effing deal, he does not have a curfew.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you made millions of dollars and told by your boss to stop screwing up or lose your job, you'd stop screwing up wouldn't you? Tank obviously does not care about the rules given to him by the Bears, so they let him go. If being suspended for 1/2 the season doesn't get him to change, what does? Hmmm... maybe being cut?