Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2006, 04:22 PM

Default Re: Anyone Make More BB/100 on a Harder Site/Limit/Game?

Well i said NL. Super fish no, I like em a level or 2 beneath me. I feel thats the best for NL.
Old 01-14-2006, 05:44 PM

Excellent point

If someone who never 3-bets a flop finally wakes up and does so, why is it so difficult for some people to realize that A-A is in deep trouble - even if, or perhaps ESPECIALLY if, the board is ragged.

I'm not suggesting you muck an overpair every time a flop gets bet heavily but you might want to at least consider slowing down; there is no badge of honor to getting in the last bet - assuming it is the last bet.

Even the nitwit opponents you'll find at the micro-limits will not let up with a set on an uncoordinated board - lol - many will not let up with 4 to a straight-flush on board.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:58 AM

Why do I think $0.50/$1 was the hardest.. after 15K hands I could only break even, yet this should be easy, I thought

I think I basically approached it the wrong way. (I played it based on advice for higher levels)

The sort of problems that brings, for instance, I might raise PF with AQ and end up getting 6 callers. People calling with any pair, any ace, any 2 suited cards... and then post-flop it gets worse because even if I flop top pair top kicker, anyone with any draw easily has pot odds to chase it.

If I were to play 0.50/1 again I'd play more conservatively, and not take certain types of hand too far.

Note:
$0.50/$1 was hard, but should be easy with the right adjustments, in hindsight
$1/$2 I found neither easy nor difficult
$2/$4 the easiest. I don't know why that should be.
$3/$6 only easy if I can find a good table (which is not that easy)
$5/$10 I haven't played many hands at it yet but the skill of players does not seem higher than $3/$6
Old 01-16-2006, 03:57 PM

I've been having the same problem at Party playing at .5/1. Granted I have only 6,000 hands or so played, I am down about 67 BB's.

I just downloaded Poker Tracker Stud (beta) and I am at more than 3 BB/100 playing .5/1 and 1/2 at Stars. I don't know if anyone else plays stud and keeps track of this, but I thought it was pretty good. Also, I started playing PLO and have been absolutely killing that game.

Anyway, I think I'm giving up limit HE at Party for a while. Maybe holdem isn't my best game...
Old 01-16-2006, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Excluding the effects of rakeback and bonuses, has anyone found that they are more successful, strickly in terms of BB/100 at the tables, at any particular Site, Limit or Game Variation that is generally considered more difficult than some other?

= [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] For instance, does anyone actually make more BB/100 at some site other than Party than at Party?

= [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Does anyone actually produce a higher BB/100 at a higher limit than a lower one?

= [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Does anyone actually realize a better BB/100 at a particular game that is generally considered tougher than some other one where you don't do as well?

While being able to get such results is counterintuitive and not what one would find on average, I'm wondering if this might occur sometimes because a persons particular style of play matches up better with the style usually found at a particular site, limit or game.

Once again, this question refers only to success at the table, not the effect of taking a hit on BB/100 because a rakeback deal or bonus more than makes up it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Over 45K hands I am running better at 10/20 NL on Stars than I did at Party. Could be small sample size issue though.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:54 AM

Hmmmm I won more playing 3/6 short than I did playing 2/4 full...